Login

russian armor

So about that blitzkrieg....

28 Jun 2014, 06:55 AM

If anything, Soviet tanks (with their bigger and more reliable engines on the whole) should get Blitz.

Panther would be the exception to this, but everything else...

Panzer IV and T-34 weighed roughly the same.

The T-34 had a 500 HP engine with wide tracks.

Panzer IV had a 300 HP engine with thin tracks.
It's a shame that the classic (and incorrect) image of German armour of 1944 has infiltrated the game...

Agreed. But Relic can't give the Red Army, nor the USA Armed forces good tanks otherwise all the german fanboys will start crying and we'll never hear the end of it seeing they are stuck on their delusional bigotry of german tank superiority.

Still don't get why people called the old blitzkrieg useless, going from 0 to Full speed in 1 sec while reducing your target size did save your panzers if used properly. Maybe most of the playerbase did not adapt to the new mechanic and used it reactively instead of proactively.

Personally I would lean for the acceleration bonus, the target size decrease and +10% increased max speed. However the speed buff should only kick in if moving forward and not in reverse.

The Ostheer already has the fastest medium/heavy tank in the game with the Panther, PIVs are just a bit slower than the T-34/76s, so they don't need a 50% increase in speed while blitzing.

I can just catch Jacksons and wreck them with panthers blitzing every single time. They stand no chance due to their frail armour, speed and range was the only thing that gave them an edge. But Blitz counters them hard. It's similar against SU-85s.
28 Jun 2014, 07:33 AM

If I were to redesign the vet abilities, I'd replace Blitzkrieg with "Spotting", disables the roof MG (if there is one) and gives the vehicle +10 view and +5 range (excluding Panther, it may keep Blitz, but at 15% speed bonus).

Capture Points would be replaced with "Flank Speed" on the T-34's, not sure what the KV / IS / ISU series would get to replace it though.

T-70 would keep Capture Points because I feel like it's one of the few vehicles it's truly useful on, plus capping while spotting is so ace.
28 Jun 2014, 07:37 AM

If I were to redesign the vet abilities, I'd replace Blitzkrieg with "Spotting", disables the roof MG (if there is one) and gives the vehicle +10 view and +5 range (excluding Panther, it may keep Blitz, but at 15% speed bonus).

Capture Points would be replaced with "Flank Speed" on the T-34's, not sure what the KV / IS / ISU series would get to replace it though.

T-70 would keep Capture Points because I feel like it's one of the few vehicles it's truly useful on, plus capping while spotting is so ace.

That's a good idea, German optics were famously superior, I'd even go further and suggest some kind of aimed shot ability (in conjunction with the things suggested above) which increases accuracy vs tanks a great deal, as the Germans had excellent gunsights for sighting on long range targets.

German doctrine would be that having sighted an enemy tank, the gunner and commander would confer on the range together, allowing them a way better shot.
28 Jun 2014, 07:49 AM

That's actually a neat idea. I suggested similar changes months ago on another thread, but it seems nobody was that interested in making it happen.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/15836/suggestion-for-overhauling-t-3476-%26-panzeriv-next-patch./page/1#post_id138358
28 Jun 2014, 08:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Its fine as it. Su-85 range is ridiculous and u dont want them to have blitz. Dont forget Zis with barrage and one shot kill pak.
28 Jun 2014, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overdrive?

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines...Blitz it´s back! I guess we don´t learn from the past. Expect it to be nerf into something more acceptable (10-20%).
28 Jun 2014, 19:32 PM

Blitz is fine. Use your spammable allied tanks to stop and counter. Or the ridiculously good allied at gun with armor piercing to weaken it then Jackson's destroy. Adapt..
28 Jun 2014, 19:56 PM

Or the ridiculously good allied at gun with armor piercing

You didn't played USF at all, am I right?

Please, explain to me how 115 penetration at max range is "ridiculously good"?

And AT rounds are vet ability, you can't have them if your shots bounce frequently off stubby stug.
With them its still a gimped ZiS.

Its by far THE worst AT gun in game. Puppchen is awesome AT stuff compared to it.
29 Jun 2014, 01:47 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2014, 19:56 PMKatitof

You didn't played USF at all, am I right?

Please, explain to me how 115 penetration at max range is "ridiculously good"?

And AT rounds are vet ability, you can't have them if your shots bounce frequently off stubby stug.
With them its still a gimped ZiS.

Its by far THE worst AT gun in game. Puppchen is awesome AT stuff compared to it.

wow. i was shocked by that stat and found out 57mm has 140.0/125.0/115.0 pen rate.

how much pen does ap round have?

anyway ap round cost mu and is timed. i think 57mm ought to be ashamed of itself
29 Jun 2014, 10:39 AM

I don't like that blitzkrieg is back in its old state.
29 Jun 2014, 10:59 AM

I am far more concerned with it making the tanks get a get out of jail free card. That's why it was removed in the first place. Between the german tank's great armor and sometimes smoke rounds they are already incredibly hard to kill. I just don't see why they brought it back like this. 20% increase maybe, but 50% is rediculous.

Not to mention that the US can't reliably cause engine damage and long range glass cannon AT is really their only advantage against armor. It makes jacksons and wolverines extremely easy to kill with just a P4 with very little micro needed.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★