Login

russian armor

improvements to player interface

29 Aug 2024, 13:08 PM

This post will probably will be edit over time adding new staff:

Faction selection:
Currently faction selection has the 4 faction icon and 2 buttons at the bottom, confirm and random both of which return to lobby. Problem is that if you pick random the selection is not remembered has to chosen again next game.

Suggestion:
remove random button and add a question mark faction icon.

End game:
After a game ends one is returned to menu and has to selection game type again.

Suggestion:
either add a button next game in and game page or return player to lobby and add a button leave to "desktop"

In game:

There are many things that could be fixed here so I will return in later time with more details.

Tech building units:
The different faction have completely different menus to navigate making quite confusing.

The basic suggestion is to create a system where all faction have similar tab system for techs and units. For instance the first tab should have all tech/veterancy upgrades while explaining which building is needed to unlock. (more details later)

Player list:
Currently the player list is found in the menu option which forces players to "exit" the game to see it. In addition is rather unclear if a player is afk.

Suggestion:
Create a in game tab that has a player list and informs if they are afk or not

Player color:
Currently player color seems to be random which can be confusing after a couple of games. Set a default color of player color
29 Aug 2024, 19:23 PM

Two UI things that 100% prove Relic does not play Coh at all. Maybe if they did, it would be a better game? Maybe?

VISIBLE KILL COUNTS
Watching a stream is a joke without this feature. Even playing without this is a joke. You throw some arty and you dont get to see the kill counts ratchet up. How this has been missing is beyond comprehension.

MORE PING TYPES
Not everyone speaks the same language. Coh needs several pings like Please Recon here, Attack coming here, etc etc etc

MINE MARKER
Puts a permanent mine icon on a map location until clicked again.

NO BLUE OR RED POINT COLORS
Coh3 has like Red points held by the blue team. Why??? Coh1 got this right. Coh2 screwed it up. COh3 screwed it up worse.
29 Aug 2024, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2024, 19:23 PMRosbone

MORE PING TYPES
Not everyone speaks the same language. Coh needs several pings like Please Recon here, Attack coming here, etc etc etc

Three isn't enough yet??????????????
30 Aug 2024, 04:37 AM

Three isn't enough yet??????????????

I swear I've commented this multiple times on this ORG site, but no, in terms of QoL, three isn't enough.

Here's what Men of War 2 does:

There is a single "ping" button. You press the button, and there's a simple ping where your cursor is. If you hold the key, it opens up a radial menu with a bunch of different callouts:
Enemy gun (howitzer), enemy armor, defend this, attack this, recon here, etc. etc. etc.

Most of these also have icons that show on the screen, like when you ping "enemy gun", there's a symbol of a howitzer, "enemy armor" is a tank, etc. So there's an immediate visual feedback. In addition, there are pre-recorded voicelines that play, verbalizing the ping type. Finally, in the team chat, a localized message is sent to each player. If they're polish, then it says "enemy armor" in polish, etc.

This is definitely not some kind of make or break feature, but it's much more helpful for communication between players who speak different languages than three pings with different colors on them.
3 Sep 2024, 12:33 PM

I swear I've commented this multiple times on this ORG site, but no, in terms of QoL, three isn't enough.

It's plenty. Coh2 had one ping and it wasnt a problem at all

This suggestion just seems like it would make ping-spammers even more insufferable

3 Sep 2024, 16:01 PM

It's plenty. Coh2 had one ping and it wasnt a problem at all

This suggestion just seems like it would make ping-spammers even more insufferable

We already have a way to selectively mute players in CoH 3. I doubt it would be that much of an issue to extend it to the ping system. Mute all pings etc. Simple solution if you can't handle other players talking to you: mute non-friends.

Even if you specifically dislike the idea of other people being able to communicate with you no matter the language they speak, that doesn't make it a bad idea. Opinion discarded.
3 Sep 2024, 22:01 PM

Even if you specifically dislike the idea of other people being able to communicate with you no matter the language they speak, that doesn't make it a bad idea. Opinion discarded.

What the absolute fuck are you talking about? All I said was its unnecessary

I played coh2 with ppl who didnt share my language all the time. Never had a problem with pings, unless they spammed. But that has fuck all to do with the language they speak... :huhsign:

4 Sep 2024, 01:23 AM

What the absolute fuck are you talking about? All I said was its unnecessary

I played coh2 with ppl who didnt share my language all the time. Never had a problem with pings, unless they spammed. But that has fuck all to do with the language they speak... :huhsign:

When you play team games, not everyone speaks your language. you need pings to communicate. But the generic ATTACK, DEFEND, ETC dont cut it in big games.

How do you tell someone a blob is coming on their flank? You ping and they just get confused and then get run off the map.

How do you ask for recon? The thing that killed Coh2 4v4 from ever being big was the insane amount of arty. So you absolutely HAVE TO play certain commanders to counter arty. And it helps if people can share the munition cost by doing the recon for you.

But Relic wouldn't know any of this, because they never play Coh. Ever. We are asking the noobiest of noobs to fix up our favorite game. But they cant. They are too stupid to take our advice and too much of noobs to know what to do themselves. We are screwed. Coh is dead.
4 Sep 2024, 02:30 AM

When you play team games, not everyone speaks your language. you need pings to communicate. But the generic ATTACK, DEFEND, ETC dont cut it in big games.

Like I said already I simply disagree that it "dont cut it". Thousands of team games in coh2 and the 1 ping it had was always enough for me. Language barrier or not
4 Sep 2024, 15:06 PM

We need integrated voice options and more types of info-pings. COH3 players seem more mature.
4 Sep 2024, 17:02 PM

Like I said already I simply disagree that it "dont cut it". Thousands of team games in coh2 and the 1 ping it had was always enough for me. Language barrier or not

This is the problem with Coh players in general. It is the reason why Coh3 is such a mess. People think because they are playing a game similar to chess that makes them smart. They are not.

We gave you multiple reasons and examples of what other games do to fix this issue and your response is "Naa Ahhhh".

No reasons. No solutions.

That is why there are Leaver Penalties in Coh3. All the people who were stupid, doing stupid strats, and throwing games were crying because smart players would leave the match. On the Relic Discord they cried like little bitches. I gave a list of why a penalty was harmful to the game in general. Their response "Naa Ahhh". So I said "Give me some examples. Give me proof. Solutions. Anything". They could not.

And the retards at Relic bowed to their demands. The game is being molded by retards for retards. It has 0% chance of ever being good until Relic wakes the f*&% up. But will never happen. I have been asking them to do it for 3 years now.

TLDR
Your opinion is as important as anyone elses. But people may not accept your opinion without some explanation or intelligent conversation.

Well, smart people wont. Relic will. And I guess that is all that matters here. Nevermind.

#COH3:BRFR
4 Sep 2024, 17:28 PM

US force

The US start with the Support centers Tab available and one has to select a support center see the exact tech available and their cost. This is rather inconstant and confusion and less informative.

Suggestions:
Make the Support center tab available always.

Move the 3 buttons (Air Support Center, Infantry Support Center, Mechanized Support Center) to the tab with abilities grey out until one unlocks a center.
This will provide an more informative picture.

Add a button "Support centers" to HQ tab that will open the "support centers tab" for players.

Move all global upgrades (in this case 1 the Improved M9 Bazooka Rockets which is global upgrade and applies to more units) to the HQ tab so player can be aware of existence and check total cost for getting it.

British Forces

British forces stat with training center available from start.

Suggestions:
For reason of consistency should have a button on HQ tab that describes the training center and opens the tab.

Description on training button should become more clear explaining which units are effected more so in the case of vehicles which is not very clear what vehicle is considered light or armored.

Withdraw and refit ability should be move to HQ tab so that players are aware of the ability and how its unlocked.

Wehrmacht

For no apparent reason Wehrmacht has no tech Tab and has the same tech option "support elements" available in 2 buildings. Reason for confusion here is that this works differently from Deutsches Afrikakorps who have a separate upgrade for their 2 buildings.

Suggestions:
For reason consistency and simplicity create a tech Tab.

Add "support elements" there and all 4 quarters (Infanterie Officer Quarters,Luftwaffe Officer Quarters,Panzergrenadier Officer Quarters,Panzer Officer Quarters).

Move armor skirts button and Transfer order Panzergrenadier (add squad), Transfer order-Jager squad to HQ tab.

Deutsches Afrikakorps

For no apparent reason Deutsches Afrikakorps does not have a tech tab at start but one has to click on the armor building to see the Armory level 1-3 that are great out. Once the first building is build the tech level buttons start being replaced.

Suggestions:

Make tech tab always available and move the Armory level "buttons" to the first column before the 3X4 grid.

So basically making tech tab available to all faction from start, adding a button that moves to tech tab of all HQ tabs and moving global upgrade that apply to more units in the HQ Tab.

These changes will create consistency, make things simpler and more informative.
5 Sep 2024, 01:57 AM

This is the problem with Coh players in general. It is the reason why Coh3 is such a mess. People think because they are playing a game similar to chess that makes them smart. They are not.

We gave you multiple reasons and examples of what other games do to fix this issue and your response is "Naa Ahhhh".

No my response is I don't know what you're talking about

Once again, I played with ppl using different language loads of times in coh2. If they used the 1 ping we had properly, it was always sufficient

The main problem with your idea is the same problem with the old one. Ppl have to use it properly...

Having a dozen specific markers is cool in concept. But if the playerbase is as retarded as you say in any one of your endless fucking rants, then my teammates are going to be ping spamming the "tank marker" in the fog of war when its just a fucking motorcycle

TLDR Your idea isnt gonna change anything, and its got fuck all to do with what makes Coh3 a disappointment
5 Sep 2024, 02:03 AM

and its got fuck all to do with what makes Coh3 a disappointment

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight