Login

russian armor

New roadmap

16 Aug 2024, 07:39 AM
16 Aug 2024, 08:25 AM

I already hate the heavy tank expansion.

Something tells me its going to be KT and not Char 2C for wehr despite latter being a perfect fit for the game while former is just a ww2 meme at this point...

Really, so much interesting medium and light equipment and they're still doubling down on heavies and most likely the most overused and boring heavies.
16 Aug 2024, 09:00 AM

Hopefully it's not and they've tried to vary things a bit but you might be right. I'd be surprised if the king tiger didn't feature, again.
16 Aug 2024, 11:44 AM

Hopefully it's not and they've tried to vary things a bit but you might be right. I'd be surprised if the king tiger didn't feature, again.

There literally is KT outline on that picture.
16 Aug 2024, 14:01 PM

Oh shit, you're right. So it is. Doesn't leave much to the imagination does it.

So possibly the KT for DAK and Nashorn for Wehr? Wonder if they'll basically just reskin something old for the allies as well.

16 Aug 2024, 17:36 PM

Most of the work being done on that road map will be done by Monolithic Bacon. It is mostly map related.

Strangely, GBPirates mapping contest finished in mid April. Where are those maps? Why is there no mention of them?

If the new Community map in September is from the contest, that would be 5 months later?

If the new 2v2 map is from the contest that would be 7 months later?

How hard is it to add a map? Months, days, or hours?

17 Aug 2024, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2024, 08:25 AMKatitof

Really, so much interesting medium and light equipment and they're still doubling down on heavies and most likely the most overused and boring heavies.

Maybe CoH3 lategame gameplay will be more than "drag-select all your medium/light tanks at once and click forward" then
17 Aug 2024, 17:27 PM

For Allies, the Croc comes to my mind. It's already in the game so implementing it won't be much more work in theory. I'm hoping we don't see USF getting Pershing, as that will most likely end in another 8 yrs of ppl complaining it's only matching Panther in AT performance etc. Nor are they likely to get a Tiger equivalent either IMHO. I've heard from ppl wanting the Sherman Jumbo, which might be more appropriate for a faction lacking durable tanks outside of the EZ8. Bulldozer's durable but won't be taking on meds well.

For Axis, I am wary of the KT being added. Part of me wants it, but the other parts question how it can be implemented in a balanced way. It'll outclass everything including most likely the BP.

Maybe CoH3 lategame gameplay will be more than "drag-select all your medium/light tanks at once and click forward" then

Awaiting your vehement criticism of the Grant spam situation... ;)
17 Aug 2024, 18:08 PM

Awaiting your vehement criticism of the Grant spam situation... ;)

The Grant is completely overtuned, just like several other units from axis & allies, so your point is? :foreveralone:

But out of all the medium spam, the p3 with all the armory upgrades HAS to be on the top 1 or 2 of the list
Yes yes yes I know it costs over a 1000 manpower, but in larger modes it's not hard to snowball like that
17 Aug 2024, 18:34 PM

The Grant is completely overtuned, just like several other units from axis & allies, so your point is? :foreveralone:

But out of all the medium spam, the p3 with all the armory upgrades HAS to be on the top 1 or 2 of the list
Yes yes yes I know it costs over a 1000 manpower, but in larger modes it's not hard to snowball like that

Well there's overtuned and then there's 'Obliterate everything in a spammable 90+ FU tank.'

Really? DAK isn't OKW, better named, "Deutsches Arbeitskräfte Keine." Discounting 4v4 for obvious reasons, IDK what kind of 3v3s you're referring to because I was starving for MP even with a bike/2x Pzgren build.

Maybe Transfer Depots can get you the MP needed but at what cost?
18 Aug 2024, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2024, 08:25 AMKatitof

Something tells me its going to be KT and not Char 2C for wehr despite latter being a perfect fit for the game while former is just a ww2 meme at this point...

Char 2C for germany would also be a meme, if not for the black prince already being thing. Don't hate that idea honestly

I dont want the Pershing for US but would be surprised if they dont get a new tank with this update

When KT was intro'd in coh2, allied AT needed to be reworked. If it's similar here hellcats are in for a rough time. Tho side armor existing is a big difference
18 Aug 2024, 03:58 AM

You guys are so cute. I explain how incompetent Relic is shitting on your community and you guys are like "yeah but will it have corn or nuts in it. I like my shit with corn personally. So thats what I am hoping for."

This game should be called Company of Simps.

j/k I know its out of your hands. Im just busting your balls for laughs. Hope the big tanks come and the game finally gets fun for Aerafield to enjoy. The game needs guys like him back in the bullpen.

-cheers
18 Aug 2024, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2024, 03:58 AMRosbone

j/k I know its out of your hands. Im just busting your balls for laughs. Hope the big tanks come and the game finally gets fun for Aerafield to enjoy. The game needs guys like him back in the bullpen.

-cheers

<444>3
18 Aug 2024, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2024, 03:58 AMRosbone
You guys are so cute. I explain how incompetent Relic is shitting on your community and you guys are like "yeah but will it have corn or nuts in it. I like my shit with corn personally. So thats what I am hoping for."

This game should be called Company of Simps.

-cheers

Well, there is a reason I'm ignoring vast majority of posts if I see you being their author.

Having hate boner for this long is unhealthy and probably painful.
19 Aug 2024, 04:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2024, 18:31 PMKatitof

Well, there is a reason I'm ignoring vast majority of posts if I see you being their author.

Having hate boner for this long is unhealthy and probably painful.

I told you guys, Coh is a common cause of Peyronie.
21 Aug 2024, 00:18 AM

You know, it really pisses me off when I'm on mobile and the site signs me out while I'm writing a reply, and then I have to write the whole thing from scratch all over again because "YoU hAvE tO sIgN iN tO lEaVe A rEpLy".

I wrote a long ass comment about CoH 3, but I'll just sum it up because I'm emotionally drained now:

Despite my hope for this game, despite my efforts to like it, as of the time of writing this comment, I have never ceased to find the game missing something. It always feels like a work in progress game that I've just been given the key to playtest.

Also, Relic has, afaik, *still* not released the real mod tools for this game, so we're stuck with the endless "LUFTWAFFEPANZERSCHÜTZEN MOD" and "BLITZKRIEGHITLERLIEBER SS-KOMMANDO" mods because apparently anyone with an original thought decided that they didn't want to make mods for this game (except for a handful of people).

On one hand I appreciate the small amount of well thought out battlegroups, but at the same time, I really liked how the larger amount of commanders made it feel like there were a lot of different strategies to try out with your friends (yes, I am aware that this is a phone number rank thing and that high rank people essentially had like 4 "correct" commanders to choose from anyways).

CoH 3 is just missing something and I have no idea what it is.
21 Aug 2024, 12:44 PM

On one hand I appreciate the small amount of well thought out battlegroups, but at the same time, I really liked how the larger amount of commanders made it feel like there were a lot of different strategies to try out with your friends (yes, I am aware that this is a phone number rank thing and that high rank people essentially had like 4 "correct" commanders to choose from anyways).

I think you're right Don. Build variety is still pretty good but I do miss having so many commanders to choose from. Hopefully they'll come with time.
22 Aug 2024, 12:51 PM

CoH 3 is just missing something and I have no idea what it is.

it's a conglomerate of atmospheric downgrades:

Graphics more dull

lack of weather effects like snow etc.

sound effects much worse, they don't pop. compare the mg42 sound. or vehicle explosions

the zoom is much farer away. that 's because of the whining of the casuals. also you can't tilt the camera much anymore.

bad Choice in many colors. too much brightness

the game is good nonetheless. however i don't understand how a game released 10 years ago looks and sounds better.
23 Aug 2024, 11:30 AM

I know uber late. but lol. the p3 is trash, even fully upgrade it gets its teeth kicked in by everyone (yes in 4v4), the bigger threat is the flak+pg combo
23 Aug 2024, 15:12 PM

I know uber late. but lol. the p3 is trash, even fully upgrade it gets its teeth kicked in by everyone (yes in 4v4), the bigger threat is the flak+pg combo

I tested this several weeks ago, and fully upgraded p3 wins handily against both the normal sherman and upgraded crusaders. Against hellcat it was a 50/50. If free vet 1 rapid fire was used, it was obviously a stomp.
And anything bigger, p3 lost.

And that is if you would just stand there unmoving, you also have the fastest speed out of all mediums, self repair, emergency smoke and capping ability

This 4v4 experience you are referring to, is it in the room with us right now? There is some stacked (asian) teams roaming around in 4v4 that abuse Wehr Coastal/Mech or DAK to a level you probably can't even imagine
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 20
United States 16
United States 3
United States 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %