Login

russian armor

Why did Brits get the M10?

27 Jul 2019, 22:34 PM

When they did the new commander patch I cannot for the life of me understand why they gave UKF the M10. Would have been a much better idea to give them an M4A3. The M10 is a T3 budget TD for a faction that is guaranteed an AT gun and has probably the second best (a close second at that) non-doctrinal TD.

Sherman M4A3 would have been better.
27 Jul 2019, 22:42 PM

What's the point of a Cromwell 1.1 when a cheap medium TD is a way more interesting strategic option compared to the very expensive Firefly?
27 Jul 2019, 22:56 PM

What's the point of a Cromwell 1.1 when a cheap medium TD is a way more interesting strategic option compared to the very expensive Firefly?

Not to mention it's the best infanty crushing tank, together with the T34. With AP rounds it gets 196 penetration at far range, what more could you ask for from an 80 fuel tank?
27 Jul 2019, 23:19 PM

The M10s ability to run over infantry does not compare to the Shermans ability to kill them with the .50 cal and HE shells.
27 Jul 2019, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2019, 22:34 PMCODGUY
When they did the new commander patch I cannot for the life of me understand why they gave UKF the M10. Would have been a much better idea to give them an M4A3. The M10 is a T3 budget TD for a faction that is guaranteed an AT gun and has probably the second best (a close second at that) non-doctrinal TD.

Sherman M4A3 would have been better.

Imo the M10 fits UKF much better than USF.

At USF the M10 has to compete with Jackson. Thats hard because the Jackson is so good with a decent ROF.

At UKF you have the Firefly. Its low ROF and its stunning tulips means its much more an supporting TD than the Jackson. Stun enemy tank, deal some damage and let the tanks and AT-Guns with higher DPS finish the enemy tank. It would be an option for example to fire tulip at enemy tank just when you want to swarm it with M10s.

27 Jul 2019, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2019, 23:19 PMCODGUY
The M10s ability to run over infantry does not compare to the Shermans ability to kill them with the .50 cal and HE shells.

I wouldn't be so sure about that: https://youtu.be/goHRM3-2dUY

If you're good at crushing, you can force any unsupported squads to retreat or have them driven over in a matter of seconds.
28 Jul 2019, 02:50 AM

To OP for strategic variety.

Call in units are there to offer something a faction does not have. Look at other call in vehicles: t34/85 is bigger and better in every way, but at a cost. M4c is AT specialized and more mobile (and more expensive) kv tanks are more durable and The 2 and 8 are specialized. Is-2 and isu....

Ost has stubby p4 with an aura, stubby stug too both AI variants of THE GP tank. Puma being a light vehicle counter not available elsewhere.. Tiger and elefant are nothing like anything in their core

Okw has the command panther, which is contraversial since its a better panther that doesn't need tech but apparently it's there so that the faction is competitive without having to fix its faults. Then there is the sturmtiger, and even the regular tiger which is quicker and cheaper than the KT. Hell the 221/223 are also super unique to the faction too

USF has various Shermas that are AT focused or more durable and better on the move. Not a direct replacement as they are specialized. Then there are all the lights, halftrack and what not that again, are nothing like anything in the faction

Then there are the brits, valentine can fill the role of a possibly skipper AEC, but even then they preform differently as the AEC has the snare built in and is less durable and now the M10 that gives a mobile and cheaper alternative to the firefly. Not as good of course but different and allows for new gameplay from the brits

And you want a cromwell clone with switchable shells. It doesn't get more exciting than that! Damn near identical armour, mobility and AT with a better AI shell. You want an entire tank for what could simply be "cromwell can now use HE shells" but not only that, you want to remove strategic variety for it.

I propose that guards be swapped with conscripts that can throw molitovs without the tech! That's how this complaint feels...
28 Jul 2019, 03:19 AM

M10 is a really great tank. IDK what you're on about.

I wish the cromwell and comet didn't suck though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★