Login

russian armor

A suggestion on how to fix Brits

9 Aug 2018, 18:45 PM

I wanted to present you an idea on how to fix UKF :

- Add snare on Royal Engineers (make Gammon bomb exclusively a snare which would stick to its target and would deal similar damage as the Panzerfaust, it would get removed from the Hammer upgrade(which could get replaced by the ability to Mine Territory points (same as OKW Ober ability)).

- Move UC to T2 and make it cost 220 MP and 10 fuel.

- Reduce Bofors Pop cost by 2 and give it lower penetration and rate of fire.

- Add a Mortar team to T0 for 220 MP which would have a bad rate of fire,accuracy and range but the ability to offer smoke at Vet 1.

- Change the Mortar pit to a 100 MP pit which could store up two T0 Mortar teams which would lead to an increased rate of fire,accuracy and range. It should offer the Mortar teams a bit of protection but the brace ability should fall away.

9 Aug 2018, 19:16 PM

- Making the tank hunter an upgrade for the IS which would gain the boys AT Rifles as well as that HEAT grenade would be easier and make more sense plus be more practical, all snares are located on the mainline infantry units, I don't see why the UKF should be any different plus you normally have 2 or 3 IS while only 1 or 2 Sappers, it would be too sad of an impractical gimmick to have them on the Sappers to be honest, in my opinion of course, I could be wrong about this.

- The UC has paper for armor and is the only flame based option for the UKF, moving it to the next tier would make it completely useless without proper armor.

- No idea what the deal with the Bofors is, I rarely see it nowadays being used even besides for heavy duty AA purposes at which it doesn't even excel at.

- Giving the Brits the past shitty USF M2 60mm mortar with low range and quick tear down time just for the sake of it would be a bad decision if you ask me, it should not only provide smoke support but actually be a reliable 3-inch mortar team indirect fire option for the British, we don't need an even shittier indirect fire than now.

- I agree with the Mortar pit change, if not then I suggest that the trenches be allowed to garrison Mortars again, I don't know why they removed them in the first place even.

I'd also add the Sherman Firefly to the list of needing a change, I was in a 3v3 last game (yes Katitof, against real people) and the Firefly under-performed like no tomorrow, the guy literally had 3 or 4 Fireflies out of nowhere plus a Churchill and a friendly KT tanked the shots at the front while my Tiger circled at the back and flanked them, they started rotating their turrets but to no avail. I think that the reliance on Tulips is what hurts them so much, Tulips should either be something as a bonus for their cost or removed completely so the Firefly can actually perform it's intended role not as shittly.
9 Aug 2018, 19:36 PM

- Making the tank hunter an upgrade for the IS which would gain the boys AT Rifles as well as that HEAT grenade would be easier and make more sense plus be more practical, all snares are located on the mainline infantry units, I don't see why the UKF should be any different plus you normally have 2 or 3 IS while only 1 or 2 Sappers, it would be too sad of an impractical gimmick to have them on the Sappers to be honest, in my opinion of course, I could be wrong about this.

The reason why I choose sappers is because IS already has Arty ability + Healing kit. However putting snares on IS by making them upgrade to a TH kit could also work.

- The UC has paper for armor and is the only flame based option for the UKF, moving it to the next tier would make it completely useless without proper armor.

It is still the only flame truck in game which costs no fuel at all. If it won't get moved to T2 at least make it cost 10 fuel.

- No idea what the deal with the Bofors is, I rarely see it nowadays being used even besides for heavy duty AA purposes at which it doesn't even excel at.

By reducing the Popcap of it it could be used more often without having no Popcap left for other stuff and by reducing its penetration and rate of fire I wanted to prevent a abusive spam of them.

- Giving the Brits the past shitty USF M2 60mm mortar with low range and quick tear down time just for the sake of it would be a bad decision if you ask me, it should not only provide smoke support but actually be a reliable 3-inch mortar team indirect fire option for the British, we don't need an even shittier indirect fire than now.

The idea is that the mortar itself is shit but in combination with the Mortar pit works fine.

9 Aug 2018, 19:59 PM

It does a grand total of zero damage to planes.
9 Aug 2018, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2018, 19:59 PMLago

It does a grand total of zero damage to planes.

But instead can be used as Artillery. GJ lelic.
How about removing its artillery ability and instead give it some version of the OKW Flak Truck ability which makes it useable against planes but only for a certan time and after that has to cool down ?

9 Aug 2018, 20:09 PM

It shoots at planes. It just for some reason doesn't hurt them.
9 Aug 2018, 20:30 PM

The reason why I choose sappers is because IS already has Arty ability + Healing kit. However putting snares on IS by making them upgrade to a TH kit could also work.

It is still the only flame truck in game which costs no fuel at all. If it won't get moved to T2 at least make it cost 10 fuel.

By reducing the Popcap of it it could be used more often without having no Popcap left for other stuff and by reducing its penetration and rate of fire I wanted to prevent a abusive spam of them.

The idea is that the mortar itself is shit but in combination with the Mortar pit works fine.

Agreed on the fuel cost on the UC, perhaps with the mobile mortar it wouldn't be the only viable option for anti-garrison duty which would help balance out it's shitty armor.

And I'd rather have the option to delete the emplacements when they're not needed anymore.

As for the mortar, I can kind of see your point with it so maybe while keeping it unique it could still work, but still the mortar should be able to garrison trenches as well for it's full effectiveness to take place.

So perhaps have it with low fire rate like the current 3-inch mortars in the pit that gets boosted when it's garrisoned? Just write in the description that the reason is the other members of the squad help out to load and coordinate firing the mortar, similar to the Panzer Elite vehicles in CoH having the ability to lock down in order to fire faster, and more accurately.
9 Aug 2018, 21:40 PM

What if Pyrotechnics also gave a smoke barrage? It puts the base howies on cooldown but it doesn't cost anything?
9 Aug 2018, 22:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2018, 21:40 PMLago
What if Pyrotechnics also gave a smoke barrage? It puts the base howies on cooldown but it doesn't cost anything?

You could give them a smoke grenade as well, doesn't change the fact that the Brits still need reliable mobile indirect fire support, and sometimes you need it at 2 different locations at once so the base howitzers cannot provide that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★