Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/09/2015

PAGES (13)down
15 Sep 2015, 02:48 AM

You guys might want to look into the tactical assault ability for the thompson upgrade, its pretty crazy at the moment. Doesn't give your opponent any time to react.

Never forget seeing 2 Osttruppen squads at point blank vs Tactical Assault. RIP Ukrainians.
15 Sep 2015, 06:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 17:51 PMEsxile

T0 MG42 and Sturm cost lowered, 222 and sniper, stug TWP and Pz4 stock aren't arguments but facts. Today MG42s dictate early game with double sturm start, nothing t0 Allied side can counter them frontally. 222 have made disappear the m20 and USF T1 and made T1 sov much more uncertain. T34 is relegated to T4 and Shermans arrive long after the Pz4 and so Stugs. Save from Sov M5 being somewhat OP and people whining about Su-75 because they need to micro facing it, there is nothing left from Allied early dominance until late game.

You bring all the arguments and "proofs" but you say nothing about brits. You give me examples from Soviet and USF armies when 90% of allied players are playing the brits. And in 2v2s if not both players are brits, one is for sure. Early game axis will be kept at bay and pinned down with constant atacks without being capable to retake teritorry due to british emplacements then in lategame it will be totally obliterated by churchills. Nobody complicates his life with other british tanks. Why would they do so, as long as churchill = map dominance?
In a game that puts accent on MICRO, british have what? Emplacements. So much micro for those. Oh, and indestructible emplacements too. It's almost like build and forget.

In my lates 2v2 game last night, do you know what it took to win against 2 brits in terms of armor? 2 KTs, one jagdpanzer, one Tiger 3 stugs and one ostwind. All in the same time on the map. Just because they had some churchills. 'Da fuq? We brought them at 4 tickets and we almost lost it, too. We won by chance, stealling VP. I am 100% positive that if it was to calculate the amount of resources spent by each side to build that kind of army, Axis costs would make your eyes jump from their places. Not Allied case, of course.
15 Sep 2015, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 21:45 PMLooney

You are giving different situations about Obers vs Paratroopers, first of all, Obers vet 5 will win from Airborne vet 3. Second, 390 + 120 muni is more then 400 + "75 muni". Third, Obers + STG win from Airborne up close, which they should. Fourth, Obers have much better abilities, Airborne need to pay 20 muni for the supression ability which the obers get for free at vet 5, not to mention that obers have great prosp smoke, boobytrap as well, don't they even get sprint with vet?

That's true, Priest and Howie got buffed, you're right about that, thanks for reminding me.

Jackson was great for scaring away armor and getting veterancy, a vet 3 jackson was amazing and stronger then the current jackson. Imo people needed to l2p Jackson, the "tweak/buff" was not needed.

You forgot that Vet 5 Obers are very hard to obtain, and they most definetly should win vs vet 3 lmg airborne in a 1v1 situation.
15 Sep 2015, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 17:18 PMKatitof

And god forbid that one of the most expensive off maps in game will kill your 200mp 40 fuel truck! Maybe plan in advance next time, because you don't need to mimic USF base on forward territories with trucks and there is no drawback of putting them in base, regardless of the amount of excuses you come up to prove otherwise.

LoL, you and your bias. Please tell me why OKW BattleGroup HQ has the option to set up a forward HQ if it wasn't intended to be not setup in base.
Maybe think objectively, and not always along the lines of Axis vs Allies.
15 Sep 2015, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 06:36 AMJohnnyB

You bring all the arguments and "proofs" but you say nothing about brits. You give me examples from Soviet and USF armies when 90% of allied players are playing the brits. And in 2v2s if not both players are brits, one is for sure. Early game axis will be kept at bay and pinned down with constant atacks without being capable to retake teritorry due to british emplacements then in lategame it will be totally obliterated by churchills. Nobody complicates his life with other british tanks. Why would they do so, as long as churchill = map dominance?
In a game that puts accent on MICRO, british have what? Emplacements. So much micro for those. Oh, and indestructible emplacements too. It's almost like build and forget.

In my lates 2v2 game last night, do you know what it took to win against 2 brits in terms of armor? 2 KTs, one jagdpanzer, one Tiger 3 stugs and one ostwind. All in the same time on the map. Just because they had some churchills. 'Da fuq? We brought them at 4 tickets and we almost lost it, too. We won by chance, stealling VP. I am 100% positive that if it was to calculate the amount of resources spent by each side to build that kind of army, Axis costs would make your eyes jump from their places. Not Allied case, of course.

Don't tell me Brit dominate you early to mid game. You almost won till they took back Vps and you had to use your late game unit to close the deal. Whaoooou! incredible, play more double USF or Sov/USF and you'll see what you experienced last game isn't unusual.

You are getting mad because you can't win easily as before? Bear with it. You don't want to play vs brit anymore, switch Sov or USF with your mate. Problem is you'll experience the exact same situation you described more than often, too bad.
15 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 07:18 AMEsxile

Don't tell me Brit dominate you early to mid game. You almost won till they took back Vps and you had to use your late game unit to close the deal. Whaoooou! incredible, play more double USF or Sov/USF and you'll see what you experienced last game isn't unusual.

You are getting mad because you can't win easily as before? Bear with it. You don't want to play vs brit anymore, switch Sov or USF with your mate. Problem is you'll experience the exact same situation you described more than often, too bad.

It's not about easy winns, no win is easy. But against brits winning is an esception. And why brits are so handicapped and unable to dominate early game may I ask? Is that bren carrier with flamethrower so easy to deal with? Or the bofors? Let's not forget they have verry early mg, like ostheer and soviets, being capable through all that to lock down an important slice of territory for a long time, while waiting for their unbeatable heavies. Gsus, I almost feel like laughing when I think what penalties is a Tiger Ace verry presence brings while brits can spam churchills with no problem at all.

But all these are part of the Relic's masterplan to sell you the faction, and give you a wet dream for at most a month, by making it OP like fuck. Then nerfs will come for the "sake of balance". First major one will be on september 17th; red it, not enough, but it's a good start.

What I realy wish, is Relic being capable of launching a balanced faction from beginning, for once. They probably missed their last chance with the brits.
15 Sep 2015, 09:07 AM

I think it's time to move on...
PAGES (13)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment