Login

russian armor

Undo Soviet T3 before T4 requirement

PAGES (7)down
14 Aug 2015, 21:52 PM

the easy eight is a medium tank just like the panther make sure you learn that while your playing

CoH2 isn't exactly like real life, the Panther doesn't function like a Medium Tank in game, and the Easy Eight doesn't so much either. Both vehicles are geared toward fighting other Tanks, the Easy Eight is geared toward fighting Medium Tanks and the Panther is geared to fighting any Tank.
14 Aug 2015, 22:50 PM

How come I almost never see Ostheer T4 in a 1v1 (unless the game drags on towards 40 minutes plus) and I mostly fight t34-76s supported by su85s? I always get an t34-76, they are very handy tanks.

T34-76 still comes fast and is now dead cheap. Most of the time I fight 2 of them that have an annoying su85 behind them..

They are effective and right where they should be teching wise. We don't need another m5 quad debacle in the form of an earlier t34-76.

14 Aug 2015, 22:52 PM

How come I almost never see Ostheer T4 in a 1v1 (unless the game drags on towards 40 minutes plus) and I mostly fight t34-76s supported by su85s? I always get an t34-76, they are very handy tanks.

T34-76 still comes fast and is now dead cheap. Most of the time I fight 2 of them that have an annoying su85 behind them..

They are effective and right where they should be teching wise. We don't need another m5 quad debacle in the form of an earlier t34-76.

If we undo things at the moment, that's not to say numbers and figures won't change to reflect this either.
14 Aug 2015, 22:59 PM

We don't need another m5 quad debacle in the form of an earlier t34-76.

Wouldn't happen. In their current state the Quad has far more shock value than a T34/76. If a T34 could hit the field at the same time as the Quad right now, you should be thankful he got one instead of a quad.
14 Aug 2015, 23:03 PM

Wouldn't happen. In their current state the Quad has far more shock value than a T34/76. If a T34 could hit the field at the same time as the Quad right now, you should be thankful he got one instead of a quad.

If said soviet player goes maxim spam into single at gun into mortar into earlier t34-76 (like our hypothetical example of t34-76 at m5 quad time), you will receive pain and you will shed tears.
14 Aug 2015, 23:52 PM

Stupid idea, leave it as it is. As it is currently it works.

(Why anyone would want to skip T3 with how over-performing some of the units in it are is beyond me lol).
15 Aug 2015, 00:01 AM

Like I said before, the only way this could work is if all 3 buildings had the same fuel cost, and you could build 2 of any to reach T4. Obviously T3 would still require T1 or T2, and starting fuel would be increased to cover the cost of your first building.
15 Aug 2015, 01:48 AM

Like I said before, the only way this could work is if all 3 buildings had the same fuel cost, and you could build 2 of any to reach T4. Obviously T3 would still require T1 or T2, and starting fuel would be increased to cover the cost of your first building.

Explain why there should be requisites that should further delay T4 when the hard hitting mid game units are in T3. It just sounds like some arbitrary statement without that much logic behind it, unless you think being called T4 instead of 3 makes it scarier for some reason. As long as the building costs slightly more then it is fine, no reason to require an extra tech structure before it.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 23:52 PMCorsin
Stupid idea, leave it as it is. As it is currently it works.

(Why anyone would want to skip T3 with how over-performing some of the units in it are is beyond me lol).

Well T3 could still be a stronger mid game structure without being the definitive way to play the faction in the next patch. I was assuming that some of the overperforming units would be addressed as well and not get a simply "remove T3 requisite" patch. Even with the current state of Soviet vehicles there are still some situations where a T4 would be superior to T3 if you didn't already have the T3 building up anyway.
15 Aug 2015, 01:52 AM

Explain why there should be requisites that should further delay T4 when the hard hitting mid game units are in T3.

It would open up the option of doing T1 + T2 -> T4 for players who didn't want to go for light vehicles, but didn't want an unused building either.

It just sounds like some arbitrary statement without that much logic behind it, unless you think being called T4 instead of 3 makes it scarier for some reason. As long as the building costs slightly more then it is fine, no reason to require an extra tech structure before it.

:huhsign:
15 Aug 2015, 07:07 AM

CoH2 isn't exactly like real life, the Panther doesn't function like a Medium Tank in game, and the Easy Eight doesn't so much either. Both vehicles are geared toward fighting other Tanks, the Easy Eight is geared toward fighting Medium Tanks and the Panther is geared to fighting any Tank.

tank hunters or tank destroyers as they are more often called have one weakness,they dont fight AT ALL infantry,the panther and the easy eight(which i have used alot)are pretty good at fighting infantry and tanks,both units ingame are called medium tanks and not tank hunter as you call them.
15 Aug 2015, 08:46 AM

tank hunters or tank destroyers as they are more often called have one weakness,they dont fight AT ALL infantry,the panther and the easy eight(which i have used alot)are pretty good at fighting infantry and tanks,both units ingame are called medium tanks and not tank hunter as you call them.

Do you even know why they don't fight infantry?

Or why Infantry support tanks are good at fighting infantry and not so tanks?

Or what armour does?

Or do you prefer putting broad labels on everything because what is history?
15 Aug 2015, 10:10 AM

The problem was that Katyushas arrived too early (possibly 11 mins) and there was no real reason to go T3 before...

There now is a reason and the katy arrives at a more balanced time.

Gameplay before as soviets was stale, lets not go back to that. They are much more fun to play now.
15 Aug 2015, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 10:10 AMCorsin
The problem was that Katyushas arrived too early (possibly 11 mins) and there was no real reason to go T3 before...

There now is a reason and the katy arrives at a more balanced time.

Gameplay before as soviets was stale, lets not go back to that. They are much more fun to play now.

katyusha was balanced and in a ok spot,now it still good but why bother going T4 just to bring katyusha...
15 Aug 2015, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 08:46 AMhubewa

Do you even know why they don't fight infantry?
A tank destroyer or tank hunter is a type of armoured fighting vehicle, armed with a direct-fire artillery gun or missile launcher, with limited operational capacities and designed specifically to efficiently engage enemy armoured vehicles in a cost-effective manner

Or why Infantry support tanks are good at fighting infantry and not so tanks?
Infantry support tanks were designed to support foot soldiers in an attack. To achieve this, the vehicles were generally heavily armoured to allow them to operate in close concert with infantry even under heavy fire. The extra armour came at the expense of speed, which was not an issue when supporting relatively slow-moving infantry

infantry support tanks either help infantry deal with enemy tanks or enemy infantry while also taking damage,i dont see where you got the idea that they fight only infantry
Or what armour does?
A tank is a large type of armoured fighting vehicle with tracks, designed for front-line combat
in company of heroes 2 we have alot of armor options(light armor,medium armor,heavy armor,tank destroyers are the most common of them all)

Or do you prefer putting broad labels on everything because what is history?
i explain what tanks and tank destroyers do with the help of history(just like company of heroes does to explain what each unit does)
aaa
15 Aug 2015, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 10:10 AMCorsin

it was like an hour after stuka, jagpanz, but its defenitly too early. Katy should arrive after WPs runs out.
15 Aug 2015, 12:02 PM

katyusha was balanced and in a ok spot,now it still good but why bother going T4 just to bring katyusha...

It wasnt in an Ok spot at all... it arrived too early where weapon teams and infantry are key and sent the axis players armies running to the base before their first tank arrived.

Its area denail and squad wipe potential and range is far better than its counterpart the panzerwerfer.

Also... the SU85 is still an amazing TD especially with its rate of fire increase with vet. + Doctrinal T34/85 isnt bad either :) T4 units are all highly viable and they STILL arrive approx 120 fuel before Ostheer T4 does, so im not sure what your issue is.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 11:53 AMaaa

it was like an hour after stuka, jagpanz, but its defenitly too early. Katy should arrive after WPs runs out.

I cant even tell what youre saying.

Katy used to arrive an Hour after stukka? Do you honestly expect anyone to take anything you say seriously?

I think i lose abit of brainpower every time i read one of your ill thought out ramblings you call posts.
15 Aug 2015, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 12:02 PMCorsin

It wasnt in an Ok spot at all... it arrived too early where weapon teams and infantry are key and sent the axis players armies running to the base before their first tank arrived.

Its area denail and squad wipe potential and range is far better than its counterpart the panzerwerfer.

Also... the SU85 is still an amazing TD especially with its rate of fire increase with vet. + Doctrinal T34/85 isnt bad either :) T4 units are all highly viable and they STILL arrive approx 120 fuel before Ostheer T4 does, so im not sure what your issue is.

I cant even tell what youre saying.

Katy used to arrive an Hour after stukka? Do you honestly expect anyone to take anything you say seriously?

I think i lose abit of brainpower every time i read one of your ill thought out ramblings you call posts.

a katyusha is a problem to anyone who is playing defencivly,it has 160 hit points and small arms fire can damage it,anything that has a cannon kill it very fast.
15 Aug 2015, 13:33 PM

a katyusha is a problem to anyone who is playing defencivly,it has 160 hit points and small arms fire can damage it,anything that has a cannon kill it very fast.

The Katyusha has a lot of RANGE, you don't move it to the very front of the line. It is an artillery piece that is meant to be used behind the line. The OKW Walking Stuka dies to anything with a cannon too and it costs a ton....
15 Aug 2015, 13:56 PM

Weapon teams play a big part in the first 10 - 15 mins of a game, especially for Ostheer. So you should be able to work out a 12 min Katyusha can often be too effective too soon.
PAGES (7)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS