Login

russian armor

Which Faction do You Think Needs an Overhaul

7 Oct 2014, 14:28 PM

I Find the SU85 and Katyusha useful so I generally do get T4 as Soviets. It could use a price reduction though.

I find Ostheer T4 great as well since you get artillery and the sweet Panther tank. I guess it could get changed as well since you could just save up for a tiger
7 Oct 2014, 15:50 PM

Soviets.

Punt Cons to T1, add le buff, add le access to DPs and SVTs (one or two) through vet or upgrades.

Grab Penals by the nape of the neck and drag them kicking and screaming to T0. Nerf liberally. Reduce price. Yay, T0 crap early game suicide infantry that can kinda sorta support your other troops.

Buff the Maxim's DPS, reduce the crew size to 4. Make it into the .30 cal of CoH2.

Drop the T-34 obr 1942's cost to 295 Manpower, 85-90 Fuel. Drop its population to 8.

Remove the PTRS from Guards. Make them drop in with a buffed DP (one, uno, singular DP) and a pair of SVTs on top of their Guards Mosins. Leave button on them--force them to synergise with...

Add a four-man squad to T1 or T0, armed with a pair of PTRS rifles. Unit can cloak in cover (no bonus) and can crap out TM-35 mines, because tank hunting.

Modify the SU-76M--it is now literally a ZiS on Kettenkrad treads with the option to swap to arced HE rounds. Move to T3 (swap with the lelT-70 if needed).

Drop the T-70s rate of fire (maybe by as much as half), buff it's penetration and damage so that it can actually hurt crap that's not on legs (like, oh, I don't know, in reality, when that 45mm could lay the hurt on Panzer IIIs and IVs?!). Also, one man turret = WTFrate of fire? Yeah...good one Relic...

Introduce modding so we can crack on actually fixing stuff kthxbye.
7 Oct 2014, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 15:50 PMVolsky
Soviets.

Punt Cons to T1, add le buff, add le access to DPs and SVTs (one or two) through vet or upgrades.

Grab Penals by the nape of the neck and drag them kicking and screaming to T0. Nerf liberally. Reduce price. Yay, T0 crap early game suicide infantry that can kinda sorta support your other troops.

Buff the Maxim's DPS, reduce the crew size to 4. Make it into the .30 cal of CoH2.

Drop the T-34 obr 1942's cost to 295 Manpower, 85-90 Fuel. Drop its population to 8.

Remove the PTRS from Guards. Make them drop in with a buffed DP (one, uno, singular DP) and a pair of SVTs on top of their Guards Mosins. Leave button on them--force them to synergise with...

Add a four-man squad to T1 or T0, armed with a pair of PTRS rifles. Unit can cloak in cover (no bonus) and can crap out TM-35 mines, because tank hunting.

Modify the SU-76M--it is now literally a ZiS on Kettenkrad treads with the option to swap to arced HE rounds. Move to T3 (swap with the lelT-70 if needed).

Drop the T-70s rate of fire (maybe by as much as half), buff it's penetration and damage so that it can actually hurt crap that's not on legs (like, oh, I don't know, in reality, when that 45mm could lay the hurt on Panzer IIIs and IVs?!). Also, one man turret = WTFrate of fire? Yeah...good one Relic...

Introduce modding so we can crack on actually fixing stuff kthxbye.

You leave my T70 ALONE!

I voted USF because well who wants to start with Just Rifles? Sure the Soviets suck ass but at least you can cheese your way to a ZZZ call in/Sniper/Maxim spam victory. USF ummmmm Base pinned to KT rolled GG....
7 Oct 2014, 16:45 PM

I voted Soviets. Cheesy and no fun to play against. Restricting and no fun to play as.

Why cheesy? Two-men sniper squads, six-men weapon crews. It´s so forgiving to not care about your units in general with large squad sizes on everything. ISU-152 and B4 Howitzer are just the topping on your cheese-cake.

Why restricting? You can´t go for T3 and T4. No reliable medium tank outside of a doctrine. If you choose the medium tank, you block your option for heavy tanks (except for one doctrine that has both T-34/85 and IS-2). You can have Ppshs and 152mms but that blocks tanks for you.

Cheese however does save you.

Soviets are the new Brits (from Coh1). An annoyance for all involved parties.
7 Oct 2014, 17:21 PM

Soviet Union needs to rely less on cheesy tactics. Sniper or Maxims into call-ins is very powerful, but it's also among the precious few ways they can be competitive at all. Trying to win the game with conscripts will get you stomped 99% of the time, and they have several other sub-par or useless units (Penals, M5, T-70, SU-76, Partisans).

US just needs some buffs here and there, and another unit in T1. Or redesign the REs to actually bring something to the table. Anything to make something else than rifles buildable early game.

Ostheer is the best designed faction. It just needs some T4 love.

OKW is... well, it has many problems. Vet 5 means they have a late-game advantage by default if they are halfway decent. Ressource deprivation forces them to rely on infantry, and so they always blob. Kubelwagen is a stupidly designed PoS. Their tech allows them to unlock powerful vehicles very early on. Their elite infantry is inredibly powerful, and often doesn't even require any ammo expenditure whatsoever on top of having incredible scaling. The non-doctrinal superheavy encourages hoarding ressources until the KT of doom (more in team games, but still). They're not as badly designed as the brits, but they're easily the 2nd worst designed faction in CoH history behind them. The Soviets are third.

So I voted OKW.
7 Oct 2014, 17:40 PM

Give USF a non-doctrinal sniper.

Make sure both OKW and USF have proper sniper counters.
9 Oct 2014, 08:30 AM

Expect is such a big word.

And I doubt that at this time anyone expects relic to even fix current bugs.

Not unreasonable seeing as though bugs from the closed beta for the game still haven't been fixed and seeing as though we told Relic way back that the Soviet tech tree was fucked.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 4
Germany 817
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %