Login

russian armor

WHEN they will nerf RANGERS ???

5 Jun 2024, 15:53 PM

Ranger will probably need a nerf but I still think USF players will avoid building Riflemen wherever possible. The fuel and munitions needed to make them relevant beyond the opening moments of the match is eyewatering compared to holding out for elite infantry or building pathfinders etc.
6 Jun 2024, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2024, 15:53 PMGrim
Ranger will probably need a nerf but I still think USF players will avoid building Riflemen wherever possible. The fuel and munitions needed to make them relevant beyond the opening moments of the match is eyewatering compared to holding out for elite infantry or building pathfinders etc.

You know, I do not understand why people dislike using Rifles so much. I've been using them since the beta and times where they were considered 'DOA' or 'USF on life support.' I almost never had problems unless I made mistakes or got surprised by new tactics. BARs are one of the best all-round upgrades in the game and affect all riflemen. 150MP, 40 FU spread across 2 or 3 squads. What's the muni conversion shall we say? 60 muni per squad of 3 squads? Another 60 muni per squad for a 2nd BAR. Hardly egregious costs, unless you've been throwing nades around all game.

You have delayed LVs/armour yes, but there isn't an Axis inf who can stand up to them 1v1 until maybe pzgrens or of course Guastatori. Usually this translates to more map control and resources. DAKgrens eventually outscale with CA and VSL and their own 100 muni LMG upgrade, but that's some extreme circumstances there.

And they reinforce @26MP per model!

Nevermind what the ISC stuff can do.
6 Jun 2024, 20:09 PM

You know, I do not understand why people dislike using Rifles so much. I've been using them since the beta and times where they were considered 'DOA' or 'USF on life support.' I almost never had problems unless I made mistakes or got surprised by new tactics. BARs are one of the best all-round upgrades in the game and affect all riflemen. 150MP, 40 FU spread across 2 or 3 squads. What's the muni conversion shall we say? 60 muni per squad of 3 squads? Another 60 muni per squad for a 2nd BAR. Hardly egregious costs, unless you've been throwing nades around all game.

You have delayed LVs/armour yes, but there isn't an Axis inf who can stand up to them 1v1 until maybe pzgrens or of course Guastatori. Usually this translates to more map control and resources. DAKgrens eventually outscale with CA and VSL and their own 100 muni LMG upgrade, but that's some extreme circumstances there.

And they reinforce @26MP per model!

Nevermind what the ISC stuff can do.

I used to think riflemen sucked until someone showed me how to actually play the game (Greyhound rush -> Grenades -> BARs). You really have to play like a caveman in the early game to get the most out of your riflemen, which was my mistake (I tried using support weapons in the early game. Whoops). I wish there was some kind of sidegrade that riflemen could buy without teching BARs like a shotgun or something lol.
7 Jun 2024, 00:23 AM

I haven't played CoH3 in a while so please correct me (with some details) if I'm wrong, but whenever I played axis in 2v2-4v4 I was beyond happy when I noticed my opponent went early BAR upgrade, because it means I baselock my side by just rushing a Wirbel or Flakvierling/8-Rad.

And a late BAR upgrade is no real threat either, it's a stage of the match where non-elite infantry in CoH3 is almost irrelevant in terms of raw fighting power & dps, they're just here for snares & capping at that point it felt like.
This stage of the match in CoH3 is fully decided by Vehicle warfare, elites & anti-tank infantry and 1 or 2 BAR LMGs on each rifle squad does not change this at all
7 Jun 2024, 11:20 AM

I used to think riflemen sucked until someone showed me how to actually play the game (Greyhound rush -> Grenades -> BARs). You really have to play like a caveman in the early game to get the most out of your riflemen, which was my mistake (I tried using support weapons in the early game. Whoops). I wish there was some kind of sidegrade that riflemen could buy without teching BARs like a shotgun or something lol.

That is certainly a viable playstyle though not to my taste personally. I went Grenades -> Quad mount -> BARs. Yes, Riflemen DPS curves favour close range shootouts and there isn't a Sturmpioneer to worry about in this game.
Later on, I've used Riflemen more defensively, shooting from cover they're a pretty difficult squad to dislodge without heavy firepower. And nobody in their right mind charges BARs, unless they have flamers.

INB4 future USF BG has shotguns (NOT flamers ugh).

I haven't played CoH3 in a while so please correct me (with some details) if I'm wrong, but whenever I played axis in 2v2-4v4 I was beyond happy when I noticed my opponent went early BAR upgrade, because it means I baselock my side by just rushing a Wirbel or Flakvierling/8-Rad.

And a late BAR upgrade is no real threat either, it's a stage of the match where non-elite infantry in CoH3 is almost irrelevant in terms of raw fighting power & dps, they're just here for snares & capping at that point it felt like.
This stage of the match in CoH3 is fully decided by Vehicle warfare, elites & anti-tank infantry and 1 or 2 BAR LMGs on each rifle squad does not change this at all

Wirbel got nerfed overall as the patches passed by. It is pretty expensive and okay anti-inf for its cost and timing IMHO. 8rad is still good at anti-inf but now a single zook squad (
) can consistently force it away (160dmg per salvo with the upgrade). Flakvierling is still a major problem, but T2 DAK without it is an exercise in masochism and fanaticism. AKA old school OKW. You outrange a zook squad slightly with the Flakvierling, but it's not enough to stop the USF player getting shots off on it. Just don't chase.
You won't be baselocking anyone with any of them any more, not above 1k MMR anyway.

Nobody gets late BARs in my experience, if things have been that bad for the USF player they're dead already or going some SSF squad stall in my experience.

Well the only Axis elites that they have to worry about are Stosstruppen (T4) and Guastatori.....neither of which they should stand a chance against anyway. My point has been that's a long time to get to the late game and there is plenty of room/time for BARs to make a difference on the map control/VPs. Until then, their main opponents are grenadiers (walkover), Coastal (more of a problem) and expensive DAKgrens (MP bleed a DAK player can ill afford). You have Fire Superiority at vet I that trivialises the aforementioned 3.

Panzergrens can be an issue, they love to give you a free gift basket when doing Fire Superiority, but they come later and without vet.
7 Jun 2024, 17:06 PM

Its 250mp and 55fuel for nades and BARs

Whats even the point of that muni conversion? Thats completely meaningless and just looks like you framing things

Riflemen are easily the best mainline, no disagreement. But they damn well better be for that fuel being invested that early
7 Jun 2024, 19:20 PM

Its 250mp and 55fuel for nades and BARs

Whats even the point of that muni conversion? Thats completely meaningless and just looks like you framing things

Riflemen are easily the best mainline, no disagreement. But they damn well better be for that fuel being invested that early

I'm not counting nades in this analysis of the unit. That's another matter entirely and tbh way beyond my skills as this has more impact in 1v1 IMHO.

Well one does not get a BAR by clicking '60 muni for one BAR on Rifleman.' It's behind a global upgrade that also gives a BAR per rifle/Ranger. It's the best comparison I could think of.
7 Jun 2024, 20:54 PM

I'm not counting nades in this analysis of the unit. That's another matter entirely and tbh way beyond my skills as this has more impact in 1v1 IMHO.

I dont think any serious analysis of the unit can not count them. But you're not wrong about 1v1, fuel/muni costs do tend to get slightly more trivial the more players you add

But the BARs are way less potent if vehicles dont have to respect snare threat
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS