Login

russian armor

COH2 change proposal vote pool

31 Mar 2021, 20:32 PM

Oh absolutely, you are right, but I think that sight range and passive heal are remnants of a different OKW that lacked recon options and easy backteching into med/opel ambulance. Nonetheless, I don't think they fit a mainline infantry veterancy pool, all while the actual vetermacy combat bonuses of Volksgrenadiers are quite poor. Replacing it with combat bonuses seems more appropriate.
Even better, a RA bonus rather than a lethality bonus (cooldown/accuracy).
I still think that STG volks were overall a mistake (and so was the new panzerfusilier design) and 6 men volks with no upgrades, grenadier kar98k and buffed combat veterancy and veterancy
RA bonuses would have better fit OKW throughout the entire game while leaving the main role of AI to the actual units meant to

their vet makes sense based on their origional design, though thats long gone now... they were meant to be numourous and defensive. holding the line and winning attrition wars against the enemy while other units take the ground they are designed to hold. in that sense their vet makes sense. seeing the enemy to be able to start responding as needed, stick grenade to make closing on them punishing, self heal so they were always ready to win that attrition war and minimizing the chance of models getting sniped. but all that changed when the fire nation attacked... er, when they were given flame nades rather and their transition into an assault unit that was expected to be on par with rifles began. they were supposed to be more like conscripts and NEVER like rifles, who were a league of their own. now what do we have? 10mp rifle lites that are expected demanded be on par all game despite that never being their job and the faction was never designed for them to do that job.
volks need a change, imo back to what they were DESIGNED to be, not more towards this, cesspool of "whatever okw is lacking, slap in on volks" and the surronding army come to support that.

sturms need a rework for this to work that makes them more MP viable, perhaps at the cost of munitions and possibly even tech (have the starting sturm perform as now though- preupgraded or whatever..)
and obers need to come sooner still than they do, dare i say after 2nd truck placed? this makes them come much sooner, but have their LMG locked where it is now. this lets them gain some damn vet before shermans and double gunned infantry start eating them alive. regular elite infantry comes not to long after anyways so i see no reason, if then lmg is still delayed why a highly bleedable unit cant come sooner. if spam is a worry, hard cap them to 1 per truck until the KT is unlocked

now that takes care of OKW infantry offensive power, when combined with doctrinal units there will be a number of options, all that is left then is to return volks to the role they were DESIGNED to do- be mapcontrol and holding that map. not fighting outright. perthaps a bonus when in friendly territory, either offensive to make enemies pushing be further punished, or perhaps defensive to make them holding the ground they want to hold more effective.

and for the love of god a vet rework....

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★