Login

russian armor

Bedsheet Camouflage

5 Nov 2015, 17:03 PM

How come American infantry dont have this glorious camouflage on winter maps and instead they get their summer clothing with some snow on it, I want men running around in bedsheets!

US Army Sergeant James Storey, Private Frank Fox, and Corporal Dennis Lavanoha on a scouting mission, Lellig, Luxembourg, 30 Dec 1944; note bedsheets used for camouflage

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9e/1b/64/9e1b649732f18336b1b43a1604cae9d9.jpg Same photo from a different side if the one I linked doesnt work
5 Nov 2015, 17:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/battle_bulge25.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
5 Nov 2015, 17:13 PM

They had to use british issue snow smocks, because the US didn't actually have any of their own during the battle of the bulge.

But that would actually mean making more than one variant of skin, relic would rather just add a sprinkle of snow to the existing skins and a pair of gloves :snfPeter:

5 Nov 2015, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 17:13 PMRollo
They had to use british issue snow smocks, because the US didn't actually have any of their own during the battle of the bulge.

But that would actually mean making more than one variant of skin, relic would rather just add a sprinkle of snow to the existing skins and a pair of gloves :snfPeter:

Relic really bummed out on the detail starting with western front armies
Lets be honest for OKW, USF and UKF their winter skins are terrible compared to the wehrmacht and soviets with Volkgrandiers and Jaegers getting different winter skins everyone else gets a bit of snow on their pants and maybe a scarf

Then if you look at the machine gun crew for the mg 34 and Vickers or at gun crews for UKF, USF and OKW and the artillery crews for the pack howie and the leig you'll notice relic just reused the same model for the frontline infantrymen (Riflemen, Volksgrenadiers and Infantry Sections) so I dont know why they got lazy did they fire some of their team or something as someone who really loves detail to visuals these disturb me deep down inside
5 Nov 2015, 17:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

What I find strange, is that Relic is not selling skins for the infantry...it is an obvious way forward and would probably give them an income, which would enable them to issue close-to-free Commanders,
5 Nov 2015, 18:05 PM

What I find strange, is that Relic is not selling skins for the infantry...it is an obvious way forward and would probably give them an income, which would enable them to issue close-to-free Commanders,

I'd want something like this for a German unit doesnt matter what maybe the sniper

When you upgrade your MG42, Grenadiers or Panzer Grenadiers it'd be nice if they got the leaves on their helmets too XD

Also wouldnt mind buying skins similar to the Company of heroes one Riflemen I like'd the M42 Jackets they had or the Rangers I kinda miss their vests :P

But yeah it'd wouldve been better to sell skins and not sell commanders I think the playerbase wouldve been bigger if there wasnt buyable commander
5 Nov 2015, 18:11 PM

It's a great idea, but since it came from outside of Relic, it will, as a rule, be ignored. Relic must come up with their own solutions, and they must reinvent the wheel in the process, like they're protecting a patent or IP.

I mean, IIRC, the reason the CoH1 M10 misfire bug was never fixed was because they didn't/couldn't change the animation on it because the person that made the M10 animation no longer worked at Relic and they apparently would have had to create an entirely new model of M10 because apparently they couldn't modify the existing one for some inexplicable reason.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★