Login

russian armor

[Ost/Sov] [All modes] [ISU/Elefant docs OHKO Fixed Arty]

22 Oct 2015, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 10:36 AMKatitof

Speaking of vanguard, it got heavy nerfs on preview with commandos and cros.
Rifle company the same with just vet1 now and flamers changed from AI weapon to almost anti garrison exclusive one, they still will be the way to go, but they aren't really IWINs they used to be.

Problem with vanguard is that it also bypasses the limitations other commanders have with their Glider actually providing 3 doctrinal units instead of 1. So you can say the vanguard commander has 7/8 slots instead of 5.
22 Oct 2015, 11:57 AM

Arguably yea, but medic squad isn't really worth doctrinal slot alone, so I wouldn't count it.

Officer and commandos perform similar combat role, with officer being able to use the buff and call the reckon plane while mandos can demo and take more punishment.

Fun fact: CoH1 brit command glider also provided three units brits had no access to normally,mobile mortar, vickers and commandos themselves.

I'd compare the glider more to the battlegroup call-ins in value with the difference being, you pay whole cost for battlegroups while glider allows you to spread it over time.
22 Oct 2015, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 08:42 AMKatitof

You talk about bombing runs yes?

I don't think people have problem with them delivering one hit kills on arty, what is problematic here is the EASE to deliver the killing strike because of the reckon planes.

Yes exactly so, thats exactly what I am against.
22 Oct 2015, 14:04 PM

Thise change would affect Ostheer more because you see ML20, B4 more often than the LefH.
Also there are more OP commanders balance wise (Vanguard, Rifle Company) that would rather needs adjustments than Recon & Bomb combo.

That is all true and good, but shouldn't there be a distinct, separate thread for that discussion?
22 Oct 2015, 15:27 PM

I don't agree that it's a problem. I'm mainly a 1v1 casual player, so I don't come across Ele so often. ISU is slightly more prevalent, but I built it around 10x the times I faced it.
4 users are browsing this thread: 4 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★