Login

russian armor

Hold Facing for Certain Units

28 Jul 2015, 02:15 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Okay, I'm not sure how many people have been through this, but certain units like the fixed assault guns, mortars, light howitzers, and the Kubel need some way to hold facing.

For the light artillery that I mentioned -81mm, 82mm, 120mm, Pack Howitzer, and LeIG- one of the most infuriating things to deal with are these units altering their facing, even in hold-fire mode, to hit a new target that just so happened to be outside of their arc when the target your aiming at disappears into the FOW. For mortars, this can get them killed as the crew is locked into positioning/rotating the tube until the animation is completed, no other order really cancels it out aside from spamming the stop/retreat command. For Pack Howitzers and LeIGs, this wastes time when you want them to direct fire at a position because they made a 180 degree turn to engage that harassing squad.

Anti-tank guns don't have this issue unless they are not deployed, but they will hold their facing when set-up which I think should apply to these other support weapons.

For the casemate TD and Assault Guns, similar idea. Maybe you want a vehicle to face a certain direction, but something pops up around a corner nearby forcing the vehicle to rotate and leaves a gap and a possible opening for an attack when you want it to be facing a specific avenue. Kuble, well, we all know how that thing can make the weirdest of turns and movement choices when you simply want it to back-up. Also, the above applies when you want it locking down a certain area only for it to restart its suppression wind-up because a squad of RE popped up just slightly out of the arc.

Not sure on the vehicles, but for the crew weapons it would be simple for them to make them not auto-acquired target and rotate on units outside of the arc. In the Attribute Editor it's a simple yes/no box that can be toggled.
28 Jul 2015, 02:16 AM
Patrion 14

agree. would give more control.
28 Jul 2015, 02:50 AM

I see where you're coming from, but I disagree about Assault Guns. Assault Guns have a very narrow field of fire, and would require micro to engage anything even slightly off to the side.

StuG / Jagdpanzer / SU-76 / SU-85
28 Jul 2015, 02:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Should have said something on that. Make it a toggle ability for vehicle units and maybe add it to the light artillery as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★