Login

russian armor

The Brummbar

9 Apr 2015, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2015, 09:38 AMsamich

all vehicles capable of damaging enemy vehicles should have a prioritize vehicle button. Its so annoying when i'm trying to run down a stukka with a stuart and it starts spinning its turret to try and hit some retreating volks squad.

There are examples of good players going tier4 against other good players. Its a bit of an exaggeration to say it can't be done, it can and is. I do agree that its overly prohibitive but its not as bad as its made out on here and to be honest i'd rather see the teching of the wf armies changed then the vanilla factions.

I'm not sure about this, but can you not a-click in a certain direction to move the turret in that direction?
9 Apr 2015, 10:40 AM

Changing the teching of WFA won't change callin meta.

Buffing sov stock T3 and T4 and giving heavy armor exploitable advantage will.

Ostheer already have proven that tiger spam meta is there only because of players mentality and another doctrines work just as well(yes, I'll say CAS here).

OKW and USF doesn't need to and don't rely on call-ins at all, its alternatives for what they already have, but nothing you'd want every single game.

That leaves soviets who have no stock infantry or armor capable of taking on axis units of equal tier in any cost effective manner on the long run therefore the cause and mandatory need of call-in meta.
9 Apr 2015, 11:04 AM

Buffing sov stock T3 and T4 and giving heavy armor exploitable advantage will.

Ostheer already have proven that tiger spam meta is there only because of players mentality and another doctrines work just as well(yes, I'll say CAS here).

OKW and USF doesn't need to and don't rely on call-ins at all, its alternatives for what they already have, but nothing you'd want every single game.

That leaves soviets who have no stock infantry or armor capable of taking on axis units of equal tier in any cost effective manner on the long run therefore the cause and mandatory need of call-in meta.

True. People talk about "Fixing the call in meta" like it's some kinda demon from another dimension and needs to be eradicated. All the arguments about increasing CP or tying them Either T3 or 4 etc are pointless in my opinion. All these suggestions prove that the call in meta is needed, but they just make it harder for the player.

Why do people do this taboo (using call ins)? Because they perform better than stock units. They are cost efficient. A tiger is cheaper than a panther, and can counter both infantry and armor.

Soviets: T34 becomes obsolete, SU85 is easy to flank, ISU and IS2s are tempting.

Ostheer: Teching, that is all.

USF: not as much popular as the other dations, but E8s and veteran rifles are tempting. You only sacrifice forward retreat point and if you play well, you hardly need it.

OKW: I think OKW is the only faction that is very well designed regarding the call-ins (not talking about balance). You have both main line (Volks) and elite infantry (Obers), you have access to light AI (PzII/FLAKHT), Light AT (Puma), medium AT (JgPzIV), heavy AT (Panther-don't argue about panther being heavy or not guys, it has huge HP and armor). They even have IRHT (not very useful, but it's there). Their units also scale very well (not only because of 5 vet system, Raketenwerfer's vet3 is amazing). So (despite balance issues) you have unit variety. In certain cases, you can rely on your call-ins depending the situation.

So, as any faction, if you can rely on your core units, you will only need call-ins as support, or for new unorthodox tactics. Imagine if you had access to T34/85s instead of 76. OR if you could buy a panther with the price of a tiger (or even less). Call in meta is when teching and core units are adjusted.
-----
If the teching is fixed for Ostheer, they will become the best designed faction IMO. But right know, you can't and won't pay for T4 which has great units. Aside from panther which is a good unit, both Brummbar and Pzwerfer are perfectly fine IF you can afford them. Brummbar itself is a beast. Good damage soaker, good versus defenses, team weapons, and even stuns mediums. But guess what, it's too god damn expensive to tech.
9 Apr 2015, 12:50 PM

I'm not sure about this, but can you not a-click in a certain direction to move the turret in that direction?

In theory. I practice it's unworkable to try to hunt down a couple of Katyushas (for example) with a Panther and when you get there deep in enemy territory you have to be quick and use element of surprise to succeed you can't move and manual attack all the time just because you pass by infantry on the way. Also it doesn't help that the tank actually fires at stuff on the way and risks arriving at the scene with critical few seconds of clean shot and the first thing you have to do is reload... and probably also alerted the enemy just before by shooting at meaningless stuff, minimizing the chance of successful raid and escape. What you can hope for then is successul suicide mission (plan B). I swear I have arrived more than once to kill Katyushas and the Panther just stood there looking while reloading and they backed off. And then everyone dove on me from all directions alterted by the shooting in the FOW just before.

How hard can it be to implement a hold fire button for all vehicles.
9 Apr 2015, 13:10 PM

You can attack ground to move the turret, you also stop the tank.
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
United States 7
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %