Login

russian armor

Two Game Design problems.

20 Jan 2014, 15:41 PM

I know there are probably more pressing issues and so relic will never get around to this. However, both of these are relatively simple changes that would greatly increase immersion factor.

1. Colors - Since there are only ever two teams and two factions... why are the colors Red and Blue and generated randomly? Soviets should always be Red and Germans should always be black or grey team colors and territory on the minimap. I really can't figure out why Relic didn't do this.

2. Artillery - While rocket artillery was used by both faction in WWII, the dominate artillery was by far conventional artillery. Katyusha should swap with 152mm as non-doctrinal to commander specific. Same with Werfer and LEFH18. Rockets should be the specialized commander ability and static arty should be the non doctrinal unit.
20 Jan 2014, 15:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Colors are tied to starting positions.
20 Jan 2014, 15:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I would prefer the colors ro2 used red and turquoise it actually looked really good. the original colors were lime green and red so yea it could have been alot worse. :D

generally it is accepted that coh series 1. gameplay 2. whatever else 3. realism. tbh i don't think making the arty non doc will make the gameplay any better if anything much more campy. :(

21 Jan 2014, 11:31 AM

Regarding point #2, if you're gonna be that picky then you're gonna have a bad time with CoH / CoH2.

By that logic, the StG 44's should be doctrinal and Panzergrenadiers would be the same as Grenadiers, with the distinction only made based on whether you built Tanks or not.

And don't think too hard about the Soviets, or you'll notice the Red Army has no regular Soldiers, just Conscripts, Penals, and Elites.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★