Login

russian armor

Using Conscripts And Weapon Upgrade

28 Jul 2024, 02:17 AM

Hi all,

I am just curious on what you think about this. Conscripts do not get weapon upgrades unless a picked doctrine provides them (for example, ppsh and svt). How come they do not get some kind of weapon upgrade by default compared to other mainline infantry? I just don't understand how they are expected to compete with other infantry when they do not get weapon upgrades (unless you lock yourself into a doctrine). Whenever I play any other factions, the weapon upgrades seem to make my infantry vet up so much faster, while conscripts die so quickly and don't seem to do as much damage. What are the advantages of conscripts to make up for this and how should they be used to win engagements with other mainline infantry?

Also, I noticed the description for conscripts says "Effective when fighting in cover." when no other mainline infantry has this (except maybe Brits). Is this true or misleading?
28 Jul 2024, 13:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The 7th man upgrade is effectively a weapon and overall utility upgrade, increasing squad size, damage, survivability and gives a special buff when in cover. The description is true once upgraded, before the upgrade not so much. Although given the cheap price of reinforcement, you're usually gaining an upper hand if your opponent decides to do a drawn out cover-to-cover engagement against Conscripts.
29 Jul 2024, 05:08 AM

"Effective when fighting in cover."

The wording is deliberate. It does not say "conscripts get a bonus to effectiveness when fighting in cover", that's what the 7th man upgrade is for. No, it says "effective when fighting in cover". As in, "keep these dudes in cover or they're going to get rocked". This is borne out by the stats: fresh conscripts have a 1.1 target size, where 1 is the "baseline" for infantry. Basically, soviet scientists equipped conscripts with science fiction technology that converts vodka into a magnetic force so strong that even lead cannot escape it.
29 Jul 2024, 14:56 PM

Like Don said, the effective in cover wording probably refers to their target size. They are easier to hit then all other mainlines which is the tradeoff for getting 6 men

It's what makes the 7th man upgrade so good. By the time you unlock it your cons are usually vetted a little, and they vet up faster with the upgrade. Vet 3 7 man cons are extremely sturdy and very hard to dislodge with other infantry
3 Aug 2024, 16:13 PM

You can build sandbag with conscripts FAST
the cover is good too not all tiny like oke and british
put them in sandbags and let the enemy come to you
you have to make the enemy come to you with soviet al ot of times
7 man upgrade is SUPER good they are awesome with this
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L