Login

russian armor

Parent ability and sub-abilities?

24 Jul 2024, 11:32 AM

I've seen such abilities in some mods like Wikinger. When you click on the ability button, it leads you to an extended 4x3 UI interface where there are more abilities to be chosen, including a button for you to go back.

Does anyone know how to make it for a custom infantry squad?
(Currently I only know how to add normal abilities.)

Thanks!
3 Aug 2024, 19:30 PM

I suspect Wikinrger uses SCAR to create new UIs for their sub abilites, which I sadly cant help with. However you can do something similar with the base ui and attribute editor by doing the following:

• Create a blank upgrade with a name like "ability_unlock"
  • Have a base ability on the squad that adds this upgrade when clicked and (is set in the requirements to be hidden when then the upgrade is present)
  • Set the sub abilites to require the upgrade to be present to be seen.
  • Create an exit ability (that can only be seen when the upgrade is present) which removes the upgrade to return to the original ability selection of the squad.

Its not as pretty as new ui, but it does at least allow you to have more abilites on a squad.
4 Aug 2024, 04:48 AM

I suspect Wikinrger uses SCAR to create new UIs for their sub abilites, which I sadly cant help with. However you can do something similar with the base ui and attribute editor by doing the following:

• Create a blank upgrade with a name like "ability_unlock"
  • Have a base ability on the squad that adds this upgrade when clicked and (is set in the requirements to be hidden when then the upgrade is present)
  • Set the sub abilites to require the upgrade to be present to be seen.
  • Create an exit ability (that can only be seen when the upgrade is present) which removes the upgrade to return to the original ability selection of the squad.

Its not as pretty as new ui, but it does at least allow you to have more abilites on a squad.

It's brilliant! Thanks! I'll give it a try.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★