Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadier Squad

19 Jul 2024, 16:02 PM

The Panzergrenadier Squad has seen some changes in the new patch with one of the more counter-intuitive to me being replacing "sprint" ability with "Automatic Fire".

Automatic fire seems a ability that increase DPS with but also applies a speed bonus and according to the patch notes "We want this unit to fight from cover with their assault rifles and only close when there is an opportunity".

That sound very counter-intuitive to me since you have a unit armed with "assault rifles" that has little reason to actually assault.

Imo one could try to make this unit simply more versatile by allowing 2 separate firing modes as semi automatic rifle (being slight inferior to bolt action rifle long range but better to mid to close) and full auto being less effective than smg at close range but better at mid to far.
20 Jul 2024, 01:18 AM

Wish they had just turned this unit into closerange terminators like Rangers rather than this weird "easier to use at all ranges" approach.

The TTK changes for t0/1 infantry last patch was a massive step in the right direction but it still feels wrong when semi-elites with FIVE stg44s are in the opponent's face and still need 3-4 seconds to wipe a single model.
20 Jul 2024, 12:18 PM

Wish they had just turned this unit into closerange terminators like Rangers rather than this weird "easier to use at all ranges" approach.

The TTK changes for t0/1 infantry last patch was a massive step in the right direction but it still feels wrong when semi-elites with FIVE stg44s are in the opponent's face and still need 3-4 seconds to wipe a single model.

Imo regardless of any issues with the design itself there are issues with the implementation.

PG are a rather mid game unit which then has to gain vet 1 to have access to the ability.

Even if one get the ability and one want to use the unit according to "design", one has to move to mid range pop the ability and wait several seconds until it start kicking in.

The problem come mainly from speed penalty since the enemy has several way to exploit this either with using explosive weapon like mortars/grenades or simply by moving to far range or out of range. Think I can understand why the speed penalty was introduced but I suspect it makes the ability very circumstantial.

Since the ability has 120 sec CD the only use I can see is as mostly as defensive ability when enemy charge at one's position which is completely counter-intuitive.

About the TTK imo a 25% change is massive (regardless even if it is the correct number) and I would had expected from Relic to realized that from previous games/patches and to apply smaller changes evaluate the impact and then re-patch if needed.
22 Jul 2024, 21:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Don't be confused with the words and their meanings, lol.

"Assault Rifle" is just an English translation of the weapon's name, itself a piece of propaganda. That doesn't mean it's intended for assaulting positions, much like how the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is not quite the shining beacon of democracy in East Asia.
3 Aug 2024, 10:34 AM

Don't be confused with the words and their meanings, lol.

"Assault Rifle" is just an English translation of the weapon's name, itself a piece of propaganda. That doesn't mean it's intended for assaulting positions, much like how the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is not quite the shining beacon of democracy in East Asia.

Two things:

On the matter of "names" its not just a name like m1 Garand,it is category of weapons like bolt action, sms, lmg,..That is why I characterized it as " counter-intuitive" because it because the unit does not perform as the names would indicate, like an lmg that work better at close range.

On the matter of "intention" or "design" the weapon seems to be designed so "assaulting positions" as it has a good moving modifier.

I suspect that this is reason "automatic fire" ability has the speed penalty, so it does not turn them in to a unit with very high sqaud wipe potential.

And this is where the problem lies, the moving penalty make the ability bad especially since it seems that penalty continues to apply even when retreating. Imo the ability should be redesigned without the moving penalty.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★