Login

russian armor

Suggestion: Two game modes (competitive and casual)

20 Nov 2013, 09:38 AM

Following the latest discussions and the fair amount of frustration about recent Developments, I kind of arrived to the conclusion, that it will probably not be possible to match the general sentiment on this forum with the commercial targets for Sega/Relic.

This is why I now suggest to Relic to make two game modes avaialable: a competitive and a casual (or maybe chose a better name for the latter).

It would still be the same game, but in the competitive mode, the wider range of commanders are disabled and balance is tuned to the play in the competitive mode.

In the casual mode, every add-on is available.

I'm envisaging that this could be done within the same game. Ie. I'm not asking for two separate games, but just a selection in the UI somewhere. Such as on the screen where one today select between multiplayer, skrimish or campaign.

The advantage of this solution should be very clear: Relic can still sell all the add-ons it wants without being at conflict with the competitive player base.

Players can still automatch in the casual mode also so it will remain possible to use the whole range of add-ons even for 1v1.

AND you know what? This would allow even competitive players to buy your stuff as well without causing trouble to the competitive environment which forums like this is supporting.

I for one am a casual player, but I occasionally like to try and compete. I considered buying the DLCs, but am hestitant now that I see what it is doing to the game. I'm sure there are many like me.

There may be quite some work in what I suggest, but I think it might dissolve the current resistance to DLC.
20 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM

Suggestion: Balance and test DLC properly before releasing it.

Seriously, the community is already small enough even without splitting them in two. For the casual scene: I hope there are some mods with all kinds of crazy new units and commanders ala Blitzkrieg Mod coming in the near future.

But now that i think about it... yeah, give me that competetive mode. No bulletins, no new commanders, no bullshit. (Except when they are releasing a commander with a Jagdpanther)
20 Nov 2013, 11:17 AM

The player base is much too small for your idea to work.
20 Nov 2013, 12:26 PM

I think there's a misunderstanding about the idea.

There's no splitting up as everyone can play both modes.

Perhaps you are referring to automatching, but allready today you don't get matched with the total population of players anyway, but just a segment. This would not change the size if the matching pool for any kind of player.
20 Nov 2013, 12:36 PM
Benefactor 115

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight