Login

russian armor

2 things about AA after my most recent playthrough.

30 Jun 2018, 23:39 PM

This is solely just my opinion but:

Specifically about Baker Company, I think it would be better to have their M4A3 "Bulldozer" 105 Shermans be replaced by either normal M4A3 Shermans, M4A3 76(W) Shermans or M36 Jacksons, or just having the option to upgrade one of the tanks to an M36 Jackson instead of a 105, it would also be nice to know that it's not a regular M4A3 Sherman with a Bulldozer since the call-in's name is very deceiving, I honestly thought they were regular Shermans but with Bulldozers since it's been a while when I played AA for free, if I had remember that I would have stuck with the M10s instead since Baker lacks AT capabilities on the move compared to let's say Able who can drop in craters of AT weapons on the field or Fox who have their Rangers armed with double Bazookas and later Panzershrecks.

Apart from that, it also made me think on how Armored, Rifle, Mechanized and Ranger Companies do not make sense in multiplayer.

You have Rifle Company that has Elite Shermans basically, Armored that doesn't have any good Armor like the 76(W) Shermans for example, or the E8s like Rifle Company, or the Pershing even which is just laughable and counter-intuative and has the useless Elite crew upgrade instead of having something like raid or Redraw and Refit for example, Rangers that have... combined arms and the Pershing, I mean for what reason exactly? Apart from Relic making an OP commander for a month before nerfing it after they made their money from it. Its better for Rangers to get Sprint instead of Combined Arms and like the WC51 truck instead of the Pershing or something, I mean yes it's going to be a huge nerf to the doctrine but it should be more centered on Rangers and overall Elite infantry instead of this mish-mash of what Mechanized should be, more or less. And finally, Mechanized, who should be all about Combined Arms, doesn't have that ability, but instead has the M21 Mortar Halftrack, I mean yeah it's nice being mobile but the Mortar HT feels a bit redudant because of the default mortar. Not to mention of the useless Combat Engineers M3 call-in, which are also a huge let down in Ardennes Assault and the reason I didn't choose them to be one of the 3 companies.

My opinion? Recreate the AA Companies but in a smaller manner because for me, they were done very well there and while I agree that they would be over the top in multiplayer in their current form, some adapting would make them very viable and something which their MP counterparts are really lacking.
3 Jul 2018, 06:10 AM

Honestly i didn't have problems with companies in AA.

More with the campaign itself. It's too boring. Missions from a skirmish mode don't make campaign well design. I mean there isn't even real mission of defending outskirts of Bastogne. I expected more CoH1 opposing front campaign style

The arguments you meansion are reasonable like twicks for Baker company but don't think are so much needed. I mean this campaign is way too easy even on the hardest mode - that's my biggest issue and i would start from there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★