Login

russian armor

Fire up and Combined Arms

20 Mar 2016, 20:08 PM

Can anyone tell me the actual effect of these skills? Wish the game would just clearly state buffs/penalties to be honest...

Thanks!
20 Mar 2016, 20:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Fire up just affects movement posture. No actual debuffs once its over, except movement speed obviously, and no buffs like accuracy or damage when its going on.

Stats for alot of stuff is in the commander guides here now.

For combined arms, the stats are

Infantry: -20% Reload +30% Accuracy, +35% sight

Vehicles: +35% sight, -30% Reload, +5 range"
20 Mar 2016, 21:53 PM

Fire up just affects movement posture. No actual debuffs once its over, except movement speed obviously, and no buffs like accuracy or damage when its going on.

OK fantastic, thank you!

Good to know that fire up doesn't actually penalize you in other ways besides movement afterwards- I've never used it because I was afraid it would do something like that like heroic charge used to in coh 1 or something.
20 Mar 2016, 21:57 PM

Actually to add to that, do you know if anyone has created a list of tank gun penetration values and tabulated %chance to pen of penetration of gun v target armor?
20 Mar 2016, 22:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Actually to add to that, do you know if anyone has created a list of tank gun penetration values and tabulated %chance to pen of penetration of gun v target armor?

quick reference of all Tank and AT gun penetration is on coh2 http://stat.coh2.hu/

I dont know of any penetration % lists/google docs however.

Calculating pen chance is just pen/armor x 100.

20 Mar 2016, 22:34 PM

quick reference of all Tank and AT gun penetration is on coh2 http://stat.coh2.hu/

I can't find any mention of penetration values on the tank stat list on that site?

EDIT: Hang on, I found them- thanks!
20 Mar 2016, 22:49 PM

Just to check, is that formula actually true? So an easy 8 pens the frontal armour of a ost p4 (180 pen v 165 armour) 91.7% of the time and a jackson ALWAYS pens an ost p4 whatever the facing (220 pen)?

My initial reaction was that couldn't possibly be true but on reflection the jackson mainly just misses a lot and shoots sloooow as fuck and quite frankly I barely ever use them so can't even remember any games of jackson v p4 to think if I'd ever seen a bounce...
21 Mar 2016, 00:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just to check, is that formula actually true? So an easy 8 pens the frontal armour of a ost p4 (180 pen v 165 armour) 91.7% of the time and a jackson ALWAYS pens an ost p4 whatever the facing (220 pen)?

My initial reaction was that couldn't possibly be true but on reflection the jackson mainly just misses a lot and shoots sloooow as fuck and quite frankly I barely ever use them so can't even remember any games of jackson v p4 to think if I'd ever seen a bounce...

I'm pretty sure; I've never seen a Jackson bounce on a vet0 p4(now at vet 2 and vs OKW p4... Different story)The thing with coh2.hu is that it uses the mid range penetration across far/mid/near.

Your math must be off somewhere, I got a 109% chance for E8 vs P4 at mid, not 91%.

However I got 96.9% for Max range e8 vs p4.

Don't forget the chances change depending on distance, at 'near'(point blank) the E8 has 200 penetration I think(I'm pretty sure penetration jumps up or down 20 between the far/mid/near intervals), but at at FAR(Max range) it's only 160.
21 Mar 2016, 00:17 AM

I'm pretty sure; I've never seen a Jackson bounce on a vet0 p4(now at vet 2 and vs OKW p4... Different story)The thing with coh2.hu is that it uses the mid range penetration across far/mid/near.

Your math must be off somewhere, I got a 109% chance for E8 vs P4 at mid, not 91%.

However I got 96.9% for Max range e8 vs p4.

Don't forget the chances change depending on distance, at 'near'(point blank) the E8 has 200 penetration I think(I'm pretty sure penetration jumps up or down 20 between the far/mid/near intervals), but at at FAR(Max range) it's only 160.

Ah right. Err I derped i was supposed to write the easy 8 has pen of 165 and p4 armour of 180 which then gives my result (the reciprocal of yours). Max range e8 would be 80.5% which is a huge difference.

Yeah a drop off at long range would go quite some ways to fit those numbers better to my experiences...thanks! :)
21 Mar 2016, 01:55 AM

Wait this reload speed....does it stack with Pershing Vet 3 -50% reload? If that's true.......... oh my lord.
21 Mar 2016, 02:49 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Wait this reload speed....does it stack with Pershing Vet 3 -50% reload? If that's true.......... oh my lord.

No, its an "exclusive" modifier, which removes all veterancy/aura modifiers it would be stacking over before that new modifier itself applies.

So using this with a vet 3 pershing would actually make it fire slower, because its -30% reload instead of -50%.

HOWEVER you also have to keep in mind that by NOT using the ability, you arent getting the sight or range boost. So its sort of a trade off kind of thing.

You either get -50% reload, or -30% reload, +35% sight, and +5 range. Obviously if your pershing isnt vetted, do the latter. If it is vetted? You have some decisions to make!
21 Mar 2016, 02:51 AM

snip

Thank you and that's pretty , if I say so myself, nifty as it actually has some trade offs and thought in using it.
21 Mar 2016, 02:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thank you and that's pretty , if I say so myself, nifty as it actually has some trade offs and thought in using it.

Yup good thing you asked that, reminded me. Someone made a bug report thread about it sometime back and I never got around to addressing why it wasnt actually a bug.
21 Mar 2016, 03:12 AM

Yup good thing you asked that, reminded me. Someone made a bug report thread about it sometime back and I never got around to addressing why it wasnt actually a bug.

Hang on so it doesn't actually buff vet 3 rifles offensively? Since through vet 3 they have -20% reload and +30% accuracy anyway, so it just ends up giving them more LoS?

Sounding worse and worse now...
21 Mar 2016, 04:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hang on so it doesn't actually buff vet 3 rifles offensively? Since through vet 3 they have -20% reload and +30% accuracy anyway, so it just ends up giving them more LoS?

Sounding worse and worse now...

Pretty much.
i'd still use it though. just for the vehicle range buff mainly.

Plus, its not like your squads and tanks are always ALL vet 3. It has its benefits. When you finally shit out your first pershing in a game its gonna be lookin for targets to munch on. Why not make it vet 3 with extended range for 125 munitions to help it and maybe its support vet faster? :snfPeter:

21 Mar 2016, 12:17 PM

Pretty much.
i'd still use it though. just for the vehicle range buff mainly.

Plus, its not like your squads and tanks are always ALL vet 3. It has its benefits. When you finally shit out your first pershing in a game its gonna be lookin for targets to munch on. Why not make it vet 3 with extended range for 125 munitions to help it and maybe its support vet faster? :snfPeter:

Well, its still a fair bit weaker than a vet 3 pershing but yeah its definitely a substantial buff to that monster until it finally (hopefully) hits vet 3 itself...

Just a bit disappointing as I'd always envisaged it as a sort of massive lategame break-through attempt skill but really its true strength is around the 4 rifle+staurt mark (a few mins after for 4 cps) if you want to go for a big push then as your infantry would likely be relatively unvetted thus giving you a massive boost in power over your opponent. That, and as you say, when you are using a new pershing.

Its not cheap though, between smoke nades, AI nades, fitting all my rifles with BARs, the occasional anti tank riflenade I find myself rarely with any munitions- I guess I might consider keeping a float for a timing push when the ability becomes available with a stuart, and then pretty much ignore it until Pershing time...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★