Login

russian armor

Stuka and USF Mortar Half-track Health

3 Apr 2015, 23:55 PM

Hello, reccently I inquired some information on these two vehicles in comparison to the 222/Luchs damage output here:

http://www.coh2.org/topic/32969/222-and-luchs-damage/page/1#post_id310878

So these two light vehicles have a laughable amount of HP. Both the Zis and the Pak have 160 damage meaning it takes exactly two shots to kill. This part is A-OK however there are other light counters that are terrible ineffective due to their massive amount of health.

They both should have their health reduced to around the Ostheer mortar half-track level being 240. The Ostheer mortar halftrack feels like it is in a nice spot in terms of effectiveness and counter-ability. This is not a thread about their combat powers however, merely about their susceptibility to being countered early on. It is very unrewarding to sneak around the map in hopes of catching them due to their immense health pool for a light vehicle.

The reason I brought this up is because it takes the 222 and the Luchs 20 shots to kill the USF mortar halftrack; and the Stuka laughs off the M20, bazookas, and PTRS shots. Even if you manage to catch one of these trucks overextended, it is really difficult to seal the deal. In my case, I drove around the far side of the map and went in for a sabotage mission to kill the Mortar Half-track only to find out it takes way too much time to kill, and could not successfully pull up, kill it, and get out (20mm cannons should shred trucks :foreveralone: )

This is a pretty low key change, by all means they are not being the life or death of balance but it is something I wanted to point out to everyone
4 Apr 2015, 00:18 AM
Patrion 28

4 Apr 2015, 00:29 AM

Permanently Banned
I mean it does make sense. The stuka is arguable because its the most expensive mobile arty in the game. But mostly they are really durable.
4 Apr 2015, 01:50 AM

Permanently Banned
I mean it does make sense.

It has too much hp
4 Apr 2015, 02:26 AM

It has too much hp

More like the Kat and Pwerf don't have enough.
4 Apr 2015, 02:51 AM

More like the Kat and Pwerf don't have enough.

Those are late game when at least a solid tank can be used to easily (relatively) be used to dispose of them.

The point is early on there are not heavy hitters which makes countering either of these rather much more difficult than they should be.
4 Apr 2015, 03:04 AM

Those are late game when at least a solid tank can be used to easily (relatively) be used to dispose of them.

The point is early on there are not heavy hitters which makes countering either of these rather much more difficult than they should be.

Except the thing with the Stuka and USF mortar HT is that they are both able escape if you pay attention, which is how it should be. With the Werfer and Kat there much, MUCH more micro needed to keep them alive, especially with the Werfer that fires in sub-mortar range.

I'm fine with the mortar HT and stuka being durable, so long as everyone gets that durability. Unit preservation should be number 1 when it comes to balance.
4 Apr 2015, 06:18 AM

Yeah and compare to poor Katty or SU-76 these vehicles are nearly as tough as a Puma.
4 Apr 2015, 16:25 PM

Except the thing with the Stuka and USF mortar HT is that they are both able escape if you pay attention, which is how it should be. With the Werfer and Kat there much, MUCH more micro needed to keep them alive, especially with the Werfer that fires in sub-mortar range.

I'm fine with the mortar HT and stuka being durable, so long as everyone gets that durability. Unit preservation should be number 1 when it comes to balance.

As a vehicle, any of them can get away if you pay attention. My problem is that In the case you are Not paying attention to the Stuka or the USF in the early, mid game any form of soft counter has too hard of a time killing them.

The Ostheer mortar half track you throw a T70 at it and its most likely gone before your opponent can push of the light tank. The USF mortar halftrack and Stuka have such large health pools that they can generally safely buzz off to shielding infantry with no problem.

All of these vehicles get countered by main tanks and that is perfectly fine later on. As I said, the point of this thread is focused on the early and mid game. Manuvering and flanking the mortar halftrack and stuka are pretty unrewarding much like the first March deployment when Soviets had to close the distance for very little gain.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 2
Germany 532
Russian Federation 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak