Login

russian armor

OKW Beginner Questions

24 Jun 2014, 02:25 AM

I hadn't seen a topic about this yet, so I figured I'd start one.

1) In a preview video, I thought they said that the supply trucks would increase territory income (like an observation post), but this doesn't seem to be the case? I also thought that territories where they deployed would turn darker blue, giving that "bulge" feeling they were going for, but that doesn't seem to be there.

2) If trucks aren't giving a resource bonus, what is the advantage of deploying a truck forward? Yes, you can reinforce from them (no halftracks have reinforce capabilities), and have forward medic/repair areas. But with the cost, it mostly seems like a liability.

3) Does the IR halftrack give a direct line-of-sight accuracy bonus for artillery if still in FOW?

4) OKW seems unique with not having any transport or flamethrower unit (think every other army including COH1 has these features). Transport could do without unless it's a larger map, but flamethrower is an important building-clearer (1 time payment vs. multiple grenades). How do you make up for lacking these?
24 Jun 2014, 02:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

1. They scrapped that whole concept.

2.Its risk vs reward. Risk a forward medic station? Play it safe behind the lines?

3. I don't know

4.Sturmpioneers clear buildings pretty fast, all elite infantry do as well, but not as well as flamers.
24 Jun 2014, 02:32 AM

Believe it or not but use the ability of the puma to clear buildings.

24 Jun 2014, 02:57 AM

The americans lack non-doctrinal flamethrower weapons as well. They have two doctrinal ones though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★