Login

russian armor

Timing the pak gun.

15 Jun 2014, 04:42 AM

This is a question to at least moderately experienced players...when do you guys bring out the pak(provided not lost an early squad)..i mean after how many squads on the field generally.

If u intend to stay T2 how many paks would u build and what would be the proportion of infantry squads supporting them?

Thanks.
15 Jun 2014, 04:49 AM

The number of pak guns you need is proportionate to the number of tank guns you lose. I go fast stug, so i usually counter the first t34. Then i build panzer IV's to Tiger. I may get panzershrecks, and 3 LMG grenadiers provide the fausts to allow my tanks to hunt them disable t34's. I usually build a pak for every tank i lose, max-2. 2 paks give me enough AT to counter tanks until i get a Tiger or something. Paks are pretty good, and have excellent range. I keep a grenadier by my stugs and paks to faust any flanking t34's so i have a chance of damaging it, perhaps even killing it.
15 Jun 2014, 05:24 AM
Patrion 27

Once I get the tier two building down I will weigh my options between the first three units, Panzergrenadiers, 221 or half-track based on what's on the field and will sometimes make another tier one unit or call in some Assault Grens if there isn't an immediate need for a tier two unit.

The only time going straight to Pak makes sense is when the opponent is M3 spamming and you are behind.

I also usually make a pak before I call in a Stug III E since the Stug will bait aggressive play from T34s
15 Jun 2014, 05:41 AM

I usually grab a Pak if I feel like I'm on the backfoot and I feel my opponent has a significant fuel advantage.
15 Jun 2014, 05:48 AM
Patrion 27

I usually grab a Pak if I feel like I'm on the backfoot and I feel my opponent has a significant fuel advantage.

The Pak is SO good against vehicles and has great range that it is a very rare occasion where building one eventually is not a good idea.
15 Jun 2014, 06:20 AM

I know, I didn't say it was bad, I usually just try to go for a StuG or Panzer IV, but I'll go for a PaK + Panzerschrecks first if I'm behind on fuel and worried about enemy armour.

I'd say the only time a PaK is not a good idea is if you need to counter a KV-8 or ISU-152. :P
15 Jun 2014, 08:02 AM

Depends, but considering most people go late game armor bringing out a pak or two paks is best around the 11 minute to 13 minute part of the game. If it's early armor, or a fast t-70 rush 7-8 minutes is preferable.
15 Jun 2014, 08:19 AM

This is a good question and building a pak40 to early can cost you a game sometimes.

The best way to make the decision if you need to purchase your first pak40 should be dependant upon the number of squads your opponent has incomparison to you. Making sure you count how many units your opponent has is critical.

As long as your Soviet opponent continues to make conscripts, support weapons, call-in infantry relatively equal in number to the number of squads you have on the field you can safely delay the construction of a pak40.

You should also however take into consideration the respect MP drain that has occured throughout the game thus far. Assuming you have a decisive loss on the battlefield (no squad losses) and have to reinforce a large number of squads whilst your opponent has to reinforce few. You should interpret this as you now have a squad less than your opponent.

After taking all this into consideration, if you believe your opponent should have more units than what is on the field you can safely assume teching. In this circumstance getting out a pak40 should be your priority. If your ever uncertain though, just make a pak40 at around 12-15mins to be safe.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight