Login

russian armor

T70's self-repair not useful after faust change

1 Oct 2013, 17:03 PM

It used to be that you could pay 60 munitions to repair your T70 back to full health after getting fausted once (maybe even twice..?). That always seemed reasonable to me as you're paying 60 muni to counter a 25 muni ability.

After what I assume are the changes to how fausts and at-nades do damage, the T70 is left with 99% health and a damaged engine after using field repairs post-faust. This makes the ability basically worthless.

Two suggestions: either increase the health self-repair grants, or dramatically increase the health self-repair grants but make it immobilize the T70 in the same way that the doctrinal self-repair works.
1 Oct 2013, 17:11 PM

It used to be that you could pay 60 munitions to repair your T70 back to full health after getting fausted once (maybe even twice..?). That always seemed reasonable to me as you're paying 60 muni to counter a 25 muni ability.

After what I assume are the changes to how fausts and at-nades do damage, the T70 is left with 99% health and a damaged engine after using field repairs post-faust. This makes the ability basically worthless.

Two suggestions: either increase the health self-repair grants, or dramatically increase the health self-repair grants but make it immobilize the T70 in the same way that the doctrinal self-repair works.

Agreed
1 Oct 2013, 17:21 PM
Patrion 14

1 Oct 2013, 17:23 PM

1 Oct 2013, 17:25 PM

i will agree on T70 self repair should be immobilize and need to be out of combat like the same way as doctrinal self repair
1 Oct 2013, 17:47 PM

Yea agree, self repair should fully repair a Faust hit, not 2 fausts though.
1 Oct 2013, 18:07 PM

I don't like that ability. It is not like the T70 desperately needed it in its design and it decreases reliance on other units (screen the tank from infantry, engineers for repair) like other tanks do.

Still, I think fixing the ability to restore the T70 to full health with no engine criticals would be appropiate for the cost.
However, I think the T70 should either receive increased damage (and have reduced armor) or cancel the ability if fired upon while the ability is active (even if it is just a rifle grenade or mortar shell).
1 Oct 2013, 18:14 PM

Permanently Banned
However, I think the T70 should either receive increased damage (and have reduced armor) or cancel the ability if fired upon while the ability is active (even if it is just a rifle grenade or mortar shell).

I'd add speed reduction while the repair is engaged, as another alternative.
1 Oct 2013, 18:28 PM

we discussed this problem 2 patches ago but they have not fixed it yet. Basically it happened after the patch that increased faust damage from 80 to 100. They must have not increased the repair value on this feature and that is probably why its not fully repairing an engine damage from a single faust hit.
2 Oct 2013, 08:20 AM

Nah, it's most likely a percentages issue. Remember that it fixes up T-34s and SU-85s to full from almost nothing, and those have considerably more HP.

Somewhere there's a misplaced decimal point or something that's causing that last 1% to stay broken. Trick is, finding that bit of code doing it.
2 Oct 2013, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2013, 08:20 AMTurtle
Nah, it's most likely a percentages issue. Remember that it fixes up T-34s and SU-85s to full from almost nothing, and those have considerably more HP.

Somewhere there's a misplaced decimal point or something that's causing that last 1% to stay broken. Trick is, finding that bit of code doing it.

Initial self repair for t70 is distinct from the commander ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★