Login

russian armor

Shock Rifle Frontline Tactics just doesn´t seem to work...

7 Aug 2013, 12:24 PM

I just can´t get this shit work with this commander. I like IS2 but its almost impossible to play with this.

Shock troops too expensive and i cannot have both AT gun and shock troops so flamer HT just destroys me. Even with AT its not enough mobile against flamer HT. Reinforcing shock troops just slows me down because so expensive. Conscripts cant stand against grens and hmg... If i do T1 with clown car i will again lack AT. All i can do is slow down flamer HT with nade with loss of conscripts and bit of mutions. Fast T70 just doesnt seem to be fast enough...

Any ideas how to get this commander working or is it just not possible? :o

Dayaveer
7 Aug 2013, 13:12 PM

i think this commander is good ,

1st if u save up for shocks in early game (try to not make 1 m3 and 1 sniper and should do it) they are imba cuz untill tier 2 nothing can come even close and even pgrens are only good if they hit the the nade otherwise if shocks are on constant move they ripp thru errthang yo, one of my favorite units if u make it early on , very flexible unit:smoke nades, AP nades just dont throw it to the hounds... its good but it can take 2-3 squads at the same time and dont use it as mg and mortar meat

2nd the AT camo is i guess cuz it can hold fire so u dont shoot at troops and stay hidden although horrible movement penalty (is it worse than in vCoH?) its pretty useful when used properly

3rd is KV-8 oh god , love this tank! its AI capability is mad , with SU-85 nothing will stop soviets, cant say anything else than that its pure awesomeness!

4th the incendiary barrage is pretty good for clearing any AT emplacements , crews, bloobs, and any army overall that is giving u the hard time and is mostly sticking togheter, very useful tbh

5th ah the fearful IS-2 (or is it?) the tank is just not that good and is not worth the price, relic said they will buff the tanks (they said no price reduction) and is more of a luxury than of a need , making KV-8 and SU-85 is much more viable option (with 50 fuel to spare)
And if u rly rly rly want IS-2 you must support it and rly take hard care of it , its good for breaking thru and pushing enemy back if you have some troops near by to help it out(dont get ur engine dmg its slow as it is)... to sum it up wouldnt recommend this tank

Shock RIfle Frontline Tactic is very useful for me but most ppl orient on m3 spamm and guards to counter 221/222 so not rly used by soviet players much or HTD+ppsh so their cons can endure longer
This commander suits my play style so i use it often, and it rly depends if u want to do the same thing over and over with m3s and guards or try something new and see that it works and its quite fun and challenging to play with this commander but we all differ dont we
Cheers
7 Aug 2013, 13:26 PM

I played again and got fast HMG&AT gun before shocks and it helped, opponent didnt make flamer HT tho. Shocks still bit big investment.

Yea the M3 sniper car must help but its the lamest shit in the game and also most annoying to play against. I will not go down to that level and make those :D

The KV8 is the best thing this commander has and its super good! But its just more anti infantry with the shock troops. It burns AT guns and everything with huge range ^^

I just got to make 2x IS2 and i realized that its completely useless against tanks... It has hard time even killing Ostwinds :D Decent against MG:s and AT guns tho! Can´t really get SU85 with IS2 and without SU85 its just pretty much useless.

This commander really lacks AT possibilities if you want IS2 or KV8. Should get first SU85 before IS2 or KV8 :o
7 Aug 2013, 13:47 PM

IS2 has some halue in 4v4 games if you manage to get lots of fuel and playing for fun.

1v1 no point making them.
7 Aug 2013, 14:00 PM

I think one should not make shock troops early and only mid/late. Make Su85 and ignore IS2, should work better.
7 Aug 2013, 14:06 PM

Thats what i said at the beggining , make kv-8 and SU-85 instead of IS2 and u have both AI+AT ... shocks are there before u can get SU-85 and KV-8 cuz if u dont have HTD+ppsh and enemy makes 2-3 teams of pgrens ur cons cant do very little so shocks rly are useful in that situation and are as i said before very flexible, i use them as rangers with tommies and also can be used as commandos from vCoH
They can take and hold 1 flank on their own in early game and are rly hard to stop , they are strong unit from beggining to end , after all tanks alone without support wont take care of charging cons with AT nades or hidden paks but use shocks to clear that out or to attack and move , obliterating everything in the path and clearing the way (from possible ambushes and suprises)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★