Login

russian armor

Noob would appreciate review on my replay [Ostheer]

2 Jun 2015, 18:44 PM

Hi guys,
I am new to CoH2 (didn't play CoH1) and really like the game. Have around 15 hours in it now, mainly games vs. AI and 1v1 multiplayer. Played some RTS before, so I am hopefully not that bad ;).

That's the replay I would like to have reviewed, it's Ostheer (me) against (a level 95) American. It was really(!) close and I think you can find a looot of things in which I can improve :D.
2 Jun 2015, 23:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

First off let me recommend you this.

Tips and Tricks for Newbies.

I could write a series of novels nitpicking all the newbie mistakes you made...but i wont,because really,they are simply newbie mistakes.

Read that guide,and if theres anything you're unsure of,ask here.
I feel that would be morre effective in helping you.

I will point out obvious flaws that may not be in that guide however.
such as building and losing your sniper so early with no MG42 to protect him from infantry

showing your Panther's rear armor,then promptly losing and getting said panther abandonded in front of a blob.... because you didnt use reverse hotkey... was brutal to watch.

Remember this:

The Panther is good against tanks and tanks only. Its a tank destroyer with great frontal armor and speed... Thats why it has prioritize vehicle,and thats why that bazooka spam killed it so so so fast. Use your infantry to engage bazooka riflemen,and then move your tanks in afterwards. Dont send tanks in first against bazooka riflemen/PTRS Guards/or conscripts.

That guide will help you alot,honestly. It would help you understand alot of what you did wrong.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★