Login

russian armor

Patch 1.6.5 is a savior

1 May 2024, 18:05 PM

this last one may have saved the game ! Good job Devs !

Congratulations for the achievement !

p.s.
DLC price is way too high. You don't want to have a pay to win feel game.
1 May 2024, 18:29 PM

For clarity:

The DLC had to be priced high so people who bought the premium edition dont feel screwed. Relic just dropped the ball and couldnt deliver enough content to be worth the price. As usual Relic failed.

This patch like all the others is a good step forward but the game is still unfinished trash. The skirmish menu is a %$^$^# joke. They didnt touch it again. The bulk of players are skirmish players and the menu is broken trash. As usual Relic failed.

If anyone at Relic actually played the game, they could fix it. But they dont. So it will always be shit.
1 May 2024, 19:28 PM

Can those of us who are left here just speak plainly?

The game isnt shit and this patch isnt a savior. Cant even tell whos serious and whos sarcastic anymore with all the exaggeration

This patch seems to favor allies, which is just a follow up to the patch that allegedly favored axis. As I see it its just another round in the CoH lifecycle
1 May 2024, 20:41 PM
Donator 11

The game isnt shit and this patch isnt a savior. Cant even tell whos serious and whos sarcastic anymore with all the exaggeration

This patch seems to favor allies, which is just a follow up to the patch that allegedly favored axis. As I see it its just another round in the CoH lifecycle

Well they improved input lag and added a few QoL stuff. The balance is nice because it targeted dead units and abilities. And looks like they have learned from their mistakes and they are making baby changes instead of seesaw changes
1 May 2024, 21:56 PM

I wish I could speak plainly about Relic. But I just cant.

The game is not terrible. It is reasonably fun. Anyone who has never played Coh2 will enjoy Coh3. Anyone who is not top 300 and is bored of Coh2 will enjoy Coh3.

When I heard Coh3 was coming out, I set some expectations.
It came out. Those expectation were completely annihilated.

Now my bar is set so low for accepting Coh3 that a blind monkey could have fixed this game to the level I require. And here we sit 14 months after release. Menus suck. No kill counts. Stuff The Quban had working a month after release.

I cant watch Coh3 streams. I just cant.
- Sounds are weak and lack impact and tension.
- Constant NPC yammering.
- No kill counts.
- Stupid unit UI icons covering the screen.
- Completely stupid colors on the terrain.

I am pretty a hardcore Coh enjoyer and I cant watch Coh3 for more than a few minutes before crippling depression hits. What is the average viewer gonna do? Turn it off and look elsewhere. How are you going to build excitement for your game when you cant keep avid viewers engaged?

I am not asking for Coh3 to be great. Not even good. I am just asking for it to not be like a Walmart bargain bin CDROM game. The fact Relic "thinks" this game looks good tells you everything you need to know. It will never be good. They dont know what good is, how can they possibly make it good.

2 May 2024, 13:05 PM

The game feel more finished now.
I sincerely recommend to every one to try it again.

Devs will support this game.
P.s
We need an auto connect/disconnect to a steam voice chat room made for each team. Or a in game solution but we need voice chat for random team match. It we auto detox the environment like it did for others games.
2 May 2024, 17:11 PM

The game feel more finished now.
I sincerely recommend to every one to try it again.

Devs will support this game.
P.s
We need an auto connect/disconnect to a steam voice chat room made for each team. Or a in game solution but we need voice chat for random team match. It we auto detox the environment like it did for others games.

Sorry Voltar, I am not trying to argue with you.I support your efforts here.

I agree, the game is in a decent state and getting better.

We have no proof the devs will support this game. That is a major complaint I have. Who owns the IP? Relic is pretending to own it but every website in the world says they do not own it. Sega does. So all the streamers and people putting together tournaments and content are completely wasting their time. But Relic doesn't care about them. They don't care about anyone but themselves. Not you, me, the community, no one. So it is really lame and sad seeing people going out of their way to try and help Relic.

If Relic wasnt so bad at Coh, we wouldnt need a voice chat. A voice chat will not help 90% of games because the players will not speak the same language. I have said at least a year or two before Coh3 came out, Coh3 needs to have more intelligent pings. It needs a RECON ping, "I have arty" ping, Attack here ping, etc etc etc. Then those pings can be translated in the game to the players native language or at a minimum be standardized across all players.

Relic had one chance to make this game a success and they blew it. Now its piddle paddle trying to fix it up. And the pace of the fix is very slow because "RELIC DOES NOT PLAY COH3". If they did, they would know what to fix instead of listening to dummies on Reddit.
2 May 2024, 19:24 PM

Communications would be better with voice.
The Government of Canada and BC will also insure the perennity of this institution...
COH franchise still worth a lot of money and are great games.
2 May 2024, 19:43 PM

Communications would be better with voice.
The Government of Canada and BC will also insure the perennity of this institution...
COH franchise still worth a lot of money and are great games.

Agree 100%. All Coh games > any other game. Even Coh3. Its just not better than Coh2 yet. And that is the dream. It will get there if they continue.
3 May 2024, 11:48 AM

Where can I find the changelog for this patch ?
3 May 2024, 15:50 PM

https://coh3.companyofheroes.com/pc-1-6-5
3 May 2024, 17:23 PM

Did you look on their site? I looked yesterday and didnt see anything newer than 1.6.0 which I thought was weird. Wondering if you had the same experience. Maybe we needed to F5 refresh the page so it reloads over the cached version????
3 May 2024, 21:28 PM

Did you look on their site? I looked yesterday and didnt see anything newer than 1.6.0 which I thought was weird. Wondering if you had the same experience. Maybe we needed to F5 refresh the page so it reloads over the cached version????

Aerafield literally just posted it above you
3 May 2024, 22:21 PM

Aerafield literally just posted it above you

Yes, my point was that I looked yesterday and could not find it. The last post was for 1.6.0.

Aeras link worked. Just wondering if there is an issue with the page being cached locally or something about the Coh3 site and cookies has an issue where new stuff does not show up.
11 May 2024, 04:57 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I am just asking for it to not be like a Walmart bargain bin CDROM game.

The fact that the last "bargain bin" games I saw were the original DOOM and Age of Empires games... this is still a pretty high bar to put on CoH 3, and by high, I mean virtually unobtainable.
11 May 2024, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2024, 04:57 AMTric
The fact that the last "bargain bin" games I saw were the original DOOM and Age of Empires games... this is still a pretty high bar to put on CoH 3, and by high, I mean virtually unobtainable.

Uhhh, that means I have to lower my expectations even further....

The game seems to be getting stomped in the Steam reviews from free players. I applaud the idea, but feel it premature to let people play it when it is still in a beta state. Especially when the players will almost ALL be campaign players and the campaign has a bug that soft locks the game.

So it is less of a "see what you are missing" and more of a "see why you didnt pay for this" situation.

But a few reviews sounded like people were going to buy. So that is good.

Hey Relic you put out the game premature. Now you put out the free weekend premature. Have you tried thinking about baseball or maybe bums playing tennis? Just trying to help.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment