Login

russian armor

UKF Emplacements Redesign

12 Sep 2015, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 22:45 PMBudwise
OKW have really no flame damage weapons so you can't rely on flame damage. As much as people don't like it when people say this, see COH1. Emplacements could be over-repaired which is a far better mechanic than brace since it slowly wears down a little and gave them a HP increase temporarily but not a get out of jail free card like brace.

To put it simply, emplacements are a boring facet of gameplay and generally draws in the noob players who like to just build up a giant sim city and then throw arty at each other. I'd rather see them a little on the weak side than the strong side for competition sake. Anyone who played COH1 with Royal Engineer doc know what I'm talking about, and this is far worse with brace.

The idea of wanting Brits to just sit there and wait to be attacked sounds absolutely boring. This is the last thing I want to see.

Pretty much my thought. I fear that brit becomes the Bane of Coh2 if Relic doesn't change this aspect of the faction.
There is nothing worst than a game becoming a giant static small/medium/large arty fest. And the game is taking this path as far as I see it.

Now since the topic talk about redesign. I would redesign emplacement to become mobile but require to be setup to fire. To be more precise, taking the mobility concept of Brit trucks in Coh1, they can be deploy and redeploy.
-I imagine them enough resilient to survive an arty barrage but not two. So you better move them regularly to keep them alive.
- Much more weaker than they are today vs direct fire, I consider small arms fire must deal damage to emplacement.
-Strong when deployed but weak and slow when unsetup. Setup time would require some balance analysis.
-Remove brace ability and add over-repair
-Add two features:
1- decrew (USF feature) so you can save your experienced crew
2- Auto-destruction (OKW featurer) so if you are about to lose it, decrew it and destroy it. (could add a recharge 1/3 or 1/2 of the mp/fuel investment)
12 Sep 2015, 07:41 AM

I just feel more than anything it's just so damn boring to play against. When playing them they generally feel like a well made and enjoyable faction but against them it just plays out so boring.

Not in the sense they feel overpowered but win or lose I just feel like its a boring game and actually find myself pretty happy when coming up against soviets and usf.
12 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM

This way, the Brits force the enemies to come to them, rather than being forced to take the initiative and attack themselves (which is something Brits are terrible at, due to their cover requirements). It is simply bad design to force the player that invested in a static build (also known as the British faction) to attack an enemy in order to make his army work in any way.

If you make Brits be the faction that people are forced to attack, and not the other way around, it will fix Brits in 1s and make emplacements a more dynamic and easily countered option.

+1000 this. All current problems with Brits come from the fact that Brits, faction designed to be strong on defense cant benefit from building defensive positions. They get outcamped by both okw and wehr, and their emplacements die to mortars/isgs/mortarHTcs even with permanent brace and stand fast repairs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★