Login

russian armor

OKW - The new PE?

30 Jun 2014, 17:54 PM

I have been playing mainly as OKW since its release. Anyone else feel like they are just a blob waiting to happen? Little fuel to begin with means (to me at least) that by the time you can get some light vehicles/armour out you are behind the teching race anyway and it is a waste of fuel/munis so you might as well wait for a panther or better, armour wise. I just see blobs of OKW running around in team games. It reminds of playing v PE. Big blobs and then an occasional piece of heavy armour.

Anyone else feeling this or is it just me?

Don't get me wrong, this is not such a complaint as an observation. They are fun to use, more so than PE imo, just a little more armour with them would be great.
30 Jun 2014, 18:03 PM

Sometimes such blobs happen, yes. But you cannot run around in a blob if the enemy has artillery and stuff, or you will be quickly punished. Then it is better to split your forces and just send in those squads that you need currently and keep the rest behind or flank from a different side.

The nice thing about the elite infantry units (Obersoldaten and Fallschirmjäger) is that you can also use small strike teams of like 2 squads to go behind enemy lines and wreak havoc in team games.

Tanks are sometimes a bit rare with OKW. It forces you to get the most out of them, but I like that. In return you can get Pumas or stuff like the Wurfrahmen often earlier than you would get similar units with other factions, since they are available at earlier tech buildings; the other tanks come later, but they are also powerful.
30 Jun 2014, 18:10 PM

The problem is and always has been... team games.
30 Jun 2014, 18:23 PM

1v1 master race. time to stop saying shit like that. this game is probably played more in team modes than 1v1.
30 Jun 2014, 18:30 PM

SU85, Snipers, KV8, Clown Cars, Tiger Ace (pre nerf), Skill Plane, T70, etc have at some point been major problems with the game. And guess what, they all broke the game hard in 1v1 4v4 and everywhere in between (with the exception of T70 since light armor has less shock value outside of 1v1). So quit acting like you're some high speed badass by discrediting team games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 711

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight