Login

russian armor

Double A-grens... what to do...?

3 Nov 2013, 12:52 PM

Part rant, part wanting to know what to do.

Just had a game where both opponents spammed Ass-grens all the way through, took the map and then destroyed our base. Not the most enjoyable game I've had (though its what's been happening these past few games, I've just been having terrible time of it... Either i get lagged by someone and they drop or I get owned).

What's there to do against it? The guy claimed I'd been outplayed and the like afterwards and then got onto the old chestnut of asymmetrical balance (which seems like a pile of rubbish to me at the moment, but that's another story). He suggested t1. The problem with t1 is that a) it takes a long time to come out and even longer for 360 MP snipers or penals which Assault grenadiers can just rush and have most things capped. What's more, my teammate built T1 and got penals etc which did basically nothing and I got t2 which didn't help either...

When both guys go for the strat. What am I meant to do? It just feels cheesy and P2W at the moment and yet I see people claiming to be able to counter it. What's the secret because I'm feeling pretty pissed at the moment against gren spam and then double assault gren spam which just gives you no chance to come back.

Sure, I'm a crap player, but it'd be nice if I could get a decent game every now and again.
3 Nov 2013, 13:01 PM

Clown car owns them since they have no AT capability. Or you can get Penals. Whatever you do the player that is going T1 should get at least 2 conscripts first so that you can get some map control, you won't have the 60mun before then anyway.
3 Nov 2013, 13:04 PM

- first eng cap
-con cap
-retreat eng
-build t1
-build m3
-put eng in m3 and harass (as aggressive as you can, fix m3 with eng)
-build Penal (flame upgrade if possible)
-switch with eng in m3 (you should probably be facing Pfaust by this time or soon, so pay attention)
-build second penal

-Now if you go with shocks, build 1-2 more cons with at nade upgrade
- or guards wit extra Penal

Thats the best I can do. Still gonna struggle, but at least wont get blown of the map.....

P.S. concentrate on ammo point at start, and make sure you are not dealing vs gren spam with this :(

good luck
3 Nov 2013, 13:45 PM

Just got owned again on Road to Kharkov... This time not by AGs but by your bog standard Ostheer... the writing is on the wall for me. Clearly German meta has moved on without me catching up... I don't know what to say but I've had nothing but crappy defeats. Despite 200 + hours this game clearly isn't for me. Looks like I'll have to leave it to the pros to work out. It feels like the German players have worked out exactly how to get the best out of the units now which is bad news for the average Soviet Ivan like me...
3 Nov 2013, 13:50 PM

It feels like the German players have worked out exactly how to get the best out of the units now which is bad news for the average Soviet Ivan like me...

Conscripts are underwhelming vs mass upgraded infantry plus MG42 got overnerfed so everyone spams infantry now. That is all, if anything the meta game has been dumbed down.
3 Nov 2013, 14:14 PM
Benefactor 115

Just finished a team game as sov, made a couple cons as usual and found assgrens, moved to another point, found an mg42.
"great, I'lll go flamer M3!"
oh too bad there's also a gren squad, let's force it off so that my M3 won't get fausted...done. great!
Flamer M3 rushes and kills mg42, then goes down immediately from another mg+assgren small arms fire.
I'm fine with Assgrens, don't want them nerfed, but in a situation like this where they are theoretically perfectly countered they shouldn't be able to do this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★