Login

russian armor

OKW tips?

27 Aug 2019, 01:42 AM

I plan to pick up OKW for my Axis main after some more time with playing the Soviets. Currently my favorite doctrine is the Grand Offensive due to Panzer Fusiliers, but from what I see of OKW it most certainly doesn't share the same playstyle as the Soviets. Any basic OKW tips, and favorite doctrine?
27 Aug 2019, 01:58 AM

OKW starts with sturmpioneers and can get squads on the field quickly. Try to think hard about capping orders that will let you get to good cover positions and outmaneuver your opponent in the first engagement with this advantage. Pressure the fuel and or the cutoff. I would avoid the kubelwagen, it's hard to make work or worth it when volks cost just a little more.

OKW midgame can be quite hard if you must rely on your weak support weapons to hold ground. You probably want to get a light vehicle out to help you control the map, but be careful losing a vehicle can set you back a lot and it can be a long wait for a real tank since yours cost 140 or 185.

Favorite doctrine is probably elite armor, the 221 is nice for rushing and getting bonus resources later. Heat shells, crew repair and Panzer commander help your tanks vet up, stay on the field, and destroy weapons teams.
27 Aug 2019, 02:20 AM

I plan to pick up OKW for my Axis main after some more time with playing the Soviets. Currently my favorite doctrine is the Grand Offensive due to Panzer Fusiliers, but from what I see of OKW it most certainly doesn't share the same playstyle as the Soviets. Any basic OKW tips, and favorite doctrine?

Panzer Fusiliers are currently not cost efficient...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight