Login

russian armor

Will COH2 get more 1v1 players ?

18 Jul 2013, 14:05 PM

I find 2v2 a bit more fun and chaotic. There is also more room for variable strategy with being able to synergise different commanders and tiers.

The current meta in 1v1 is quite boring imo.
raw
18 Jul 2013, 14:08 PM

People are testing out strategies in a not-so-competitive environment... I wouldn't worry about it.
18 Jul 2013, 16:45 PM

150k concurrent viewers for SF4, that game doesn't have online leaderboards that are fit for purpose.

150k concurrent viewers for UMvC3, that game doesn't have online leaderboards that are fit for purpose.

150k concurrent viewers for Smash: Melee, that game doesn't have online and Nintendo tried to shut down the stream and tournament.

100k concurrent viewers for KoF13 that game barely works online

etc.

Yeah it's 2013 and games should have good online features but they definitely don't build competitive scenes.

LMAO u talk about specyfic games which u cant compare to rts - and if u ever were a part of those "scenes" u know what im talking about. Ofc they dont need ladder since what they need is couple of friends 2 pads and 1 console and some bears then make those parties x 10 000 homes all over the world and u already got competitive scene ; ). Thats how those games went into competitive.Tournaments,any kind of competition and for those games ladders or even pure online was only addition - not a must.
18 Jul 2013, 17:23 PM
Benefactor 115

Why can't I compare them to RTS? They are just as niche and the sales numbers back it up. It's not as simple as local multiplayer, you can easily do that with PC games too.

The big difference is community attitude, their attitude is can do. The RTS attitude of the RTS community is largely can't do, which is highly evident with all the nerf/buff plz cba learning to play posts I see everyday.

Why are ladders a must then? SC:BW and WC3 did fine without them.
18 Jul 2013, 17:48 PM

and in 1978 this didn't have graphics or a ladder or online multiplayer.
and it was loved by millions.

why even have graphics? just a handheld with red dots on the screen should be enough

progress happens and more is expected.

its much easier to enjoy SC2 over BW because i just click "Find Match" and i'm on my way to a competitive game in seconds.

the SC2 campaign is a much fuller experience with realistic dialogue.

you are just angry and getting unreasonable because you see the declining player numbers and do not have a realistic reply.
18 Jul 2013, 17:59 PM
Benefactor 115

18 Jul 2013, 18:13 PM

its going to be tough increasing the player base.
good luck though.
several canadians' job rely on it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 860
unknown 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %