Login

russian armor

Capture Points

7 Apr 2016, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2016, 16:33 PMVuther

Game Developer Time is a serious problem, don't mock it :p

Really though I've seen complaints like that in just about any game's community that I pay attention to, so I'm willing to give devs the benefit of the doubt in most cases at this point.

yea, i know it takes time im just busting their balls about the forum haha (which even 2 weeks was a long time for a migration and STILL has things being added as it goes)
7 Apr 2016, 20:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

yea, i know it takes time im just busting their balls about the forum haha (which even 2 weeks was a long time for a migration and STILL has things being added as it goes)

Yeah I dunno what that was about.
7 Apr 2016, 20:56 PM

It think it has more implications for map design than anything. The 'cap zone' mechanic really eliminates much of the reason territory points exist in the first place. In vCoH infantry had to actively 'use' the point to capture it. It was a physical object with which entities interacted, which necessitated the visualization.

But that's not how CoH2 works. If territory points completely disappeared and were invisible, and caches could be freely built (only inside cap zone, limit one per) and you'd have a result that is more in line with how CoH2 works.

It would be cool to see the return of actively capturing the territory point object. It should infer the similar penalties to building or repairing, while perhaps speed up the capture rate, or even override enemy units stalling capture.

It'd open up a whole new and dynamic world of gameplay AND map design.

But that said, I'd rather see more diversity in territory points. I miss real cutoff/strategy points and variable resources.

I think it'd be nice if the sniper tower from pripyat and repair points made their way into more competitive 1v1 maps.

Too much focus on the classic 1 fuel + 5 strat points + 1 muni tucked in somewhere relatively safe in the new wave of competitive maps. Also way too many buildings.

Kholodny continues to be the perfect 1v1 map.
8 Apr 2016, 03:17 AM

I agree, although the problem with those special points is that they're either on the front line or there's got to be one for each side. For medic and repair points, the front line isn't the best spot for the damaged, and having one for each player kinda kills their potential advantage.
8 Apr 2016, 08:04 AM
Donator 11

Capture points always screw up the vehicle pathing... it would definitely help a lot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★