Login

russian armor

Best OKW doctrinal Infantry?

5 Apr 2016, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2016, 07:26 AMRappy
I am a big fan of Jaeger lights. They are so good in garrison. They also have sprint and infiltration nades with the doctrine.

Same here, booby trap is so much fun with this guys, wait for Allied big blob walk into cap zone than sprint out and watch those sweet exp kickers.
5 Apr 2016, 14:41 PM

I like Falls the most. They pop out from buildings, deal a nice amount of DPS at all range. Sure they are expensive and fragile, but they also deadly if they are used properly.

I dont like Pfusiliers much. I find both the squad and their upgrade too expensive for my needs. For a bit more ammo IS and Rifles can grow better with their double upgrades. The only difference is those can be built from start, while Fusiliers require CP.

I think JLI are useless, or i use them in a completely wrong way. I dont know why people like this unit, but ive stopped playing with them when they missed 3 times in a row to kill a low HP model of a squad. With that accuracy i wouldnt call it "sniping".
5 Apr 2016, 15:07 PM

Falls lose a memeber just by stepping out the front door and tripping. Squishy squad of the year
5 Apr 2016, 15:09 PM

Compare Falls to Brit Infiltration Commandos. Falls are overpriced as hell.
5 Apr 2016, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2016, 15:09 PMDomine
Compare Falls to Brit Infiltration Commandos. Falls are overpriced as hell.

Fals are useful past 10 range.
Fals scale.
nee
5 Apr 2016, 15:27 PM

Damage wise? Fallschirmjaegers. But when you factor in everything else they are actually sort of the worst of the three.

Panzerfusiliers however have more utility; they are cheaper, come earlier, can upgrade to G43s for improved sight range, and can be used to recrew stuff/ meatshield your other units. For 400 manpower FJs would be a waste if you did any of the above.

Jaegers are a little of in between. They have lower DPS than Falls but higher than Panzerfusiliers, and have the auto-snipe feature that makes them deadlier in their own way. They're four-man squad byt they can also salvage like Volks, and spawn like FJs. They shine in other areas like supporting other infantry or sneaking around the map.
5 Apr 2016, 17:00 PM

fallschimjager dont have enough cannon to warrent their glass....i lost 3 falss consecutively to shermans...also falls seems to clump up the most and thats why they are fragile...i fixing clumping and a 33% dmg boost well help this unit
5 Apr 2016, 17:07 PM

PF's are the most versatile unit I find. They have amazing AI, great sight, a snare, and nades. Part of the reason to even go Breakthrough. I find I cannot get enough of them 3 or sometimes 4 is great.

JL are ok, and they get quite good with vet. Their small size and use specfically against infantry make them less versatile. I get 1 or 2 when I go Scavenge.

Falls are theoretically better than both of these units, but they are a small squad with tight clumping. Their extremely high price also makes them precious. With vet they are downright filthy. I still find myself rarely purchasing them.
5 Apr 2016, 22:06 PM

It depends on the scenario.
PF's for range engagements.
Fallshims for urban maps.
Jaeger if you want to rape a few panzers
5 Apr 2016, 22:49 PM

fallschimjager dont have enough cannon to warrent their glass....i lost 3 falss consecutively to shermans...also falls seems to clump up the most and thats why they are fragile...i fixing clumping and a 33% dmg boost well help this unit

I might blow your mind now, but falls aren't supposed to fight shermans or be anywhere near them for longer then 2 seconds needed for faust.
5 Apr 2016, 22:54 PM

Falls are the best!
5 Apr 2016, 23:20 PM

I find Falls die a lot to Pack Howitzers. Can get three models pretty easily.
6 Apr 2016, 00:05 AM

Fall's model ALWAYS bunch up together and because of this Panz Fusl are so much better!
6 Apr 2016, 03:00 AM

No doubt- Obers with stgs(non doctrine) followed by Panzerfusiliers. Get them to vet 5 and own every infantry. Falls are shit and that doctrine is waste because it has no artillery or Panther and that airdrop is the most lol thing in the game.
6 Apr 2016, 03:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fall's model ALWAYS bunch up together and because of this Panz Fusl are so much better!

Honestly what I think is 95% of why someone wouldn't pick Falls. They still stick like the cover-finding behaviour was just newly changed (for the worst :foreveralone: please no more 100-0 medium tank squad wipes Relic :hansREKT: )
6 Apr 2016, 05:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Apr 2016, 14:41 PMRiCE

I think JLI are useless, or i use them in a completely wrong way. I dont know why people like this unit, but ive stopped playing with them when they missed 3 times in a row to kill a low HP model of a squad. With that accuracy i wouldnt call it "sniping".

Hmm, "3 times in a row" seems working perfectly as intended as only 1 out of this 4-man squad uses a g43 sniper rifle

I would love to use falls more often but they die too fast which i never understood why this is. Target size could be a bit better for such a costly elite unit. But 0.87 seem to be not that bad. So do they really have a very specific squad grouping behaviour which causes this problem?

PF are indeed the most cost effective option even though jli are not far behind for what they offer in utiity.
6 Apr 2016, 07:39 AM

Hmm, "3 times in a row" seems working perfectly as intended as only 1 out of this 4-man squad uses a g43 sniper rifle

I dont know if its intended or not, but i dont like how they perform. For me a single volks squad is more reliable and with volks i dont lock myself to a certain doctrine. I never picked a doctrine explicitly for JLI.

I would love to use falls more often but they die too fast which i never understood why this is. Target size could be a bit better for such a costly elite unit. But 0.87 seem to be not that bad. So do they really have a very specific squad grouping behaviour which causes this problem?

I love falls performance, but yes i agree, sometimes they are too fragile. They are really good in certain situation, but i find it pretty complicated to keep them alive after they lose the element of surprise.

PF are indeed the most cost effective option even though jli are not far behind for what they offer in utiity.

PF are the most failsafe one from all these three.. but PF should be 0 CP unit and their G43 upgrade should be locked behind T1.
6 Apr 2016, 07:53 AM

PF have the safety of conscript's six men squad plus the firepower of Grenadier, in additional to having snare, grenades, and g43 upgrade.

They are pretty much the perfect line infantry, combing the best part of both axis and allies together.

Jagdtiger is also the axis' best cure for cancer.
6 Apr 2016, 08:48 AM

Fals are useful past 10 range.
Fals scale.

And? Still would prefer cloaking, sprinting commandos that do not get one shotted by anything with AOE
6 Apr 2016, 10:09 AM

Three notes:

1: PF snare is pretty unreliable
2: JLI take absolutely forever to vet up. In my entire history with CoH2, I don't think I've ever seen a vet five JLI.
3: If playing vs. snipers, PFs are the best. Yeah, you can try to ninja snipers with FJs or JLI, but that doesn't work most of the time. Cheap six man squads with good sight and damage at range are the way to go.

Also, I think I'd rather have another Sturmpioneer squad than a squad of Fallschirmjagers. They're much cheaper, have way more utility, and perform about the same-ish.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★