Login

russian armor

COH2 is an imbalanced POS

28 Mar 2016, 15:42 PM

I have been playing CoH2 for many years but I believe that I still need some improvements after I lost a round. I would like some more advice on how I would be able to defeat my opponent.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/51123/coh2-is-an-imbalanced-pos
28 Mar 2016, 15:44 PM

Maybe you should include the replay.
28 Mar 2016, 15:52 PM
30 Mar 2016, 10:24 AM

From what I can see:
* they 4 maned attacked your cutoff, while 2 of your allies dicked around going right.
* You built two mortars first which lent you no capping or pushing power
* You built two mortars completely knowing that once CP 5 hit counter batter was on the field.
* You didnt use smoke to help you push
* You built two grens too late and weren't aggressive enough with them.

On that map you got to grab the middle of the town fast.
31 Mar 2016, 07:32 AM

From what I can see:
* they 4 maned attacked your cutoff, while 2 of your allies dicked around going right.
* You built two mortars first which lent you no capping or pushing power
* You built two mortars completely knowing that once CP 5 hit counter batter was on the field.
* You didnt use smoke to help you push
* You built two grens too late and weren't aggressive enough with them.

On that map you got to grab the middle of the town fast.

Capping power is useless when they hold your cutoff.

I really doubt any of those recommendations would have changed the outcome of the round. Ok so if not mortars, what indirect fire weapon in t2 or t3 I should have gone with? Oh wait, neither those tiers have indirect fire. So skip the mortars and wait til Panzerwerfer?

Considering that the enemy was in multiple heavy cover buildings, really doubt my grens could have done much.
31 Mar 2016, 08:57 AM

Capping power is useless when they hold your cutoff.

I really doubt any of those recommendations would have changed the outcome of the round. Ok so if not mortars, what indirect fire weapon in t2 or t3 I should have gone with? Oh wait, neither those tiers have indirect fire. So skip the mortars and wait til Panzerwerfer?

Considering that the enemy was in multiple heavy cover buildings, really doubt my grens could have done much.

Erm, no it isnt? Plus you built them prior to your stuff being cut off. I dont know what you expected to happen when your first two units built are 2 mortars.

You are aware you dont need indirect fire to push, right?

Build 2 grens plus a mg and you dont have to push them out of any building, since you can just take the building.
31 Mar 2016, 09:00 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Erm, no it isnt? Plus you built them prior to your stuff being cut off. I dont know what you expected to happen when your first two units built are 2 mortars.

You are aware you dont need indirect fire to push, right?

Build 2 grens plus a mg and you dont have to push them out of any building, since you can just take the building.

+1 this. Grens before mortars.
31 Mar 2016, 09:31 AM

ALl I can say is I'm genuinely starting to hate coh2 since those 2 new brit commanders were added, particularly the fortified emplacements doctrine.

The game just makes me upset, I don't even find it fun anymore really.

It's a rarity that I actually win a match now even after multiple thousands of hours of playing it.
31 Mar 2016, 09:44 AM

ALl I can say is I'm genuinely starting to hate coh2 since those 2 new brit commanders were added, particularly the fortified emplacements doctrine.

The game just makes me upset, I don't even find it fun anymore really.

It's a rarity that I actually win a match now even after multiple thousands of hours of playing it.

I've stopped playing and actually stopped caring after these two commanders went live.
I thought they would get a serious nerf, but it didn't happen when the patch landed.

Previously I cared and it made me upset, now I just strongly believe that Relic is an utter shit company which has let go ALL the chances it had to become a really great game + a platform where all RTS-WOII lovers could find their cup of tea. But no, they chose to focus on old-company-strategies like intransparency and small-term based profits which 'harm' their customers.

I just roam the forums cause I'm bored at work but next to that I genuinely think this game is the joke of the century in terms of games.

So a big +1 for this.
31 Mar 2016, 15:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Two offensive posts invised by a Moderator, as well as one further post citing one of the flame posts.

Back to topic.
31 Mar 2016, 16:32 PM

"ALl I can say is I'm genuinely starting to hate coh2 since those 2 new brit commanders were added, particularly the fortified emplacements doctrine."

What do you have against mobile assault?
31 Mar 2016, 16:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Further flame post invised by a Moderator.

Back to topic.
31 Mar 2016, 16:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Nice name OP

player card please?
31 Mar 2016, 18:02 PM
Patrion 14

Nice name OP

player card please?

He did provide it with his replay, but here you go
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197968937069

While I do think that the 2 new commanders can be problematic, this game was not lost due to it.

I think InsaneHoshi makes a couple of very valid observations. Having 2 of your allies operating in a part of the map where there is almost nothing happening while you try to fight off 4 guys will never quite work.

The initial build order is also highly problematic. You would have been far better off with a more standard build of mg - gren - gren - mg/mortar/gren (as required).
31 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

To be fair I'm playing with randoms and I try not to dictate how others play the game, since it's just polite.
1 Apr 2016, 08:21 AM

Look, the brit commanders are completely broken and allow for shit players to get free wins.

But come on man, at least try to fucking adapt. Good early game sniper + gren play can punish brits and force their emplacements and such back, as well as make it impossible for them to hold your cutoff. Don't get mortar teams against emplacement doc unless you are good at dodging counterarty, and even then it's still not worth the effort most of the time. Always have a mortar HT commander in your loadout. A personal favorite is the one with mortarHT + dropped smoke for smoking off bofors + Leifh for lategame arty (and at 8cp it actually comes really fast).

Maybe you should try to dictate how others play the game when you're supposed to work together to win.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★