Login

russian armor

Change Trip Wire Flares?

17 Nov 2015, 23:00 PM

Demos have been targetable for quite some time now with more than adequate detection radius. S mines are not targetable, cheap, plant like lightning, are dangerous to defuse with troops or require the time of a vehicle (something clever players have learnt, so they add a teller) or wasting munitions or time to barrage (SU76 exempt) to clear the clusters.

Axis do not suffer the same waste of time or limited mobility defusing/destroying mines that allied factions do. One grenade, mine gone. Detect and target demo gone. If you are suffering movement problems against allied mines, more than likely you are lacking in the detection department.

Personally I like the flare mines right where they are, but thier plant time and the USF mine plant time compared to S Mine field is s complete joke. 1 mine vs 4 clusters and the new USF mine is done by the time half the S mine field is done.

Perhaps S-mines need changing too then. But what you said about Axis being able to harrass as well as Allies is wrong:

Harrassment around the edges of the map is best done by lone squads. This can't always be a sweeper unit. It just can't. So axis players have a choice -
1 - send a standard squad that can easily be wiped by a mine (clumping) or demo (because demo)
2 - buy an extra sweeper unit and send that but accept that if they come up against an enemy squad, they'll soon have to retreat.

Allies do not suffer the same number of squad wipes from mines as Axis. They suffer ABSOLUTELY ZERO squad wipes from enemy demo. If you insist on disagreeing, feel free to post some high-level replays where more allied units are wiped by mines than Axis units by mines and demo.

TLDR - I'd be glad to see every faction's mines reworked so they stop wiping squads. Nerf them all, just stop the insta-jibbing. And please stop denying that it's a more serious problem for the Axis.
18 Nov 2015, 01:22 AM
Patrion 28

i think i'd be fine with trip mines if they were placed faster so i could better take advantage of the window between when an enemy retreats and comes back. they shouldn't be to fast to place or you just make tiny mine fields of them but 5-7 seconds would make them more useable.
18 Nov 2015, 04:18 AM
Donator 11

I think reducing their build time may be better/ increase the area of activation. a possible price reduction from 10 to like....7 or at max 5.
18 Nov 2015, 04:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 04:18 AMMittens
I think reducing their build time may be better/ increase the area of activation. a possible price reduction from 10 to like....7 or at max 5.

If it's still going to be able to instantly knock out models instantly it should be priced at ten unless it's going to trade vision and get a build-time decrease which is the only thing it needs or if we price it so cheap, they'll essentially be poor man's S-mines without the signs that result in wipes if your squad walks forward for a second after the first one.
18 Nov 2015, 04:28 AM
Donator 11

If it's still going to be able to instantly knock out models instantly it should be priced at ten unless it's going to trade vision and get a build-time decrease which is the only thing it needs or if we price it so cheap, they'll essentially be poor man's S-mines without the signs that result in wipes if your squad walks forward for a second after the first one.

I agree, maybe just make them build faster would be just enough to make them worth it
18 Nov 2015, 04:30 AM

They're fine right now, I use them all the time, a guaranteed model loss plus recon at 10 munis is a steal. Just have to habitualise planting them when capping around with Cons.
If anything, medkits need to be looked at, since noone ever uses them. Allow them to be used by the squad itself vcoh style, and we might be talking.
18 Nov 2015, 04:32 AM

It's totally fine.

You guys underestimate how powerful having vision is, especially if you have good trip wire discipline and make sure to put these down constantly when not in combat.

20 Nov 2015, 14:36 PM

It's totally fine.

You guys underestimate how powerful having vision is, especially if you have good trip wire discipline and make sure to put these down constantly when not in combat.

Yeh but completely negated by commanders that have things like spy network or recon runs that guarantee you line of site. The point is, for a VET ability, it can be completely negated and useless...and that should not be the case. If they are going to in some cases negate a vet ability (instead of accuracy etc) of a vet1 ability, they should at least make it practical in a game if it's a function like flares..
20 Nov 2015, 14:59 PM

+1 Same with medkits on OH units

I am an elite troop, just let me fill my pocket with these bandages while medics relax near the bunker, no relly, it's cool... Not like my pockets can be used for something like a smoke grenade :p - Panzergrenadier 2015
21 Nov 2015, 01:12 AM

Trip wire flares should just be a standard engineer buildable. I miss the old vet 1 ability. And I mean old. Like original CoH 2 alpha old. Conscripts used to have an ability similar to Terror Doctrine's Zeal ability, in which the squad fought harder as it took casualties. That was way more fitting thematically as well as actually useful. With that said, I do like trip wire flares.

I remember grenadiers used to have something way cooler than medkits, too, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
21 Nov 2015, 01:22 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 01:12 AMKothre
Trip wire flares should just be a standard engineer buildable. I miss the old vet 1 ability. And I mean old. Like original CoH 2 alpha old. Conscripts used to have an ability similar to Terror Doctrine's Zeal ability, in which the squad fought harder as it took casualties. That was way more fitting thematically as well as actually useful. With that said, I do like trip wire flares.

I remember grenadiers used to have something way cooler than medkits, too, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I can't remember the name of it, but what the grens had was pretty much mark target for infantry I believe.

It was one of these two, more accurately or more damage against selected squad, shame it eludes me right now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67
Germany 341

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment