Login

russian armor

ISU SquadWipe-Foundation

5 Sep 2014, 06:33 AM

Well, here to hoping they are gonna adress the ISU next patch.
That, and a whole lot of other things.
Some people deserve getting trolled and thats what I use it for, but its broken as fuck alright.
5 Sep 2014, 07:22 AM

Its a broken cheatmode unit,and i enjoy flaming every isu user i come across as a cheater and a worthless noob.What else can u do when relic won't even acknowledge how shit this gamebreaker is for 6 months.
5 Sep 2014, 07:39 AM

The biggest problem is the unit cluttering rather than the AOE and ISU.
Volks and grens tend to blob up , and I dont mean the squads, but the units in the squad.
They should run a bit more open, away from eachother.
5 Sep 2014, 07:49 AM
Donator 11

The other thing is, that the soviets got no ultimate tank destroy to hold up against the heavies, so they need to buff the ISU to a tankdestroyer, like the ele, and nerf the AI in a proper way.

Some fixes onto the AOE will be fine

@austerlitz: Ye that's the spirit of the CoH2 Community, you got it ... That's not even fairplay, that's scumbag like, better try to fight the ISU instead of flaming the user
5 Sep 2014, 07:49 AM

Its a broken cheatmode unit,and i enjoy flaming every isu user i come across as a cheater and a worthless noob.What else can u do when relic won't even acknowledge how shit this gamebreaker is for 6 months.

You sound like a fun guy to play against.

I agree with kreatiir. I was playing against ISU last time yesterday and there was only maybe one squad wipe. Other times It just nailed 1-2 members because they just happened to have a distance between each other.
5 Sep 2014, 07:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 07:49 AMFlamee

I agree with kreatiir. I was playing against ISU last time yesterday and there was only maybe one squad wipe. Other times It just nailed 1-2 members because they just happened to have a distance between each other.

Oddly enough, I was playing against the ISU yesterday too, with kreatiir, and I think I lost four full Ober squads to ISUs- not counting the sturms, volks, captured team weapons, and wipes from 3 out of 4 men. They didn't happen to have any distance between each other, apparently.
5 Sep 2014, 07:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

And this has stopped people from using it?

My rules of thumb when I look at strategy:

Find a thread saying "How do I deal with X" - I investigate further about using X

Find a thread saying "Y is OP" - I try Y

Find loads of threads saying "Z is ******* BS" - It goes in my loadout

Though the 152 isn't powerful right now, it's just squad wipes and people hate that.

Anything my opponent is going to hate, I'm gonna do. They are in my standard Sov loadout, but I don't use them more than one game in 10
5 Sep 2014, 09:12 AM

You cannot say Relic doesn't acknowledge it, they did changes to the ISU a few times already and put range to 70 from 100. It just takes all too long and the unit still squad wipes happily, and in same time they nerfed several units that you might have used to counter.
5 Sep 2014, 09:33 AM

The solution to the ISU problem is nerfing all super heavy tanks.

They are destroying the game, making doctrines without them useless and making non-doctrinal tanks a waste of resources in most cases.

Doctrinal tanks should be just slightly better than the doctrinal ones but with an useful ability.

Btw @austerlitz, I always pick ISU if I see that my enemy has Jadgtiger or Elefant in his loadout.
You must fight fire with fire to win. If you have an unit that destroys all my tanks, then I'll make one that rapes all your infantry.
Is not cheatmode, abuse or spam as you say, is the stupid way CoH2 works.
Insulting someone for using the only unit able to fight yours is moronic.
5 Sep 2014, 09:34 AM

Time to add a "scatter squad" button in the UI. Red Alert has had this since the very beginning, yet a more complete game like CoH doesn't have it. It would probably screw up pathing even more, but it would be useful to have.
5 Sep 2014, 09:43 AM
Donator 11

You mean a "ISU detected, spread out or we will go all to hell at once!" Button?

Would be cool!

And the Allies get a "You heard this? STUKA!!! SPREAD OUT!" Button!
5 Sep 2014, 09:49 AM

You mean a "ISU detected, spread out or we will go all to hell at once!" Button?

Would be cool!

And the Allies get a "You heard this? STUKA!!! SPREAD OUT!" Button!

Kind of, yeah. And it would be realistic too, you don't clump up like madmen when you know mortar shots are coming, or an artillery barrage, or a HE shells shooting tank is pointing it's canon toward you and your squad. You run for cover, ideally not all in the same direction.
5 Sep 2014, 09:57 AM

The ISU is broken by design.

A unit that counters infantry and tanks alike, has great range and good armor can't ever be and will never be fine. At least one of these attributes needs to go if you ever want it to be balanced.
5 Sep 2014, 10:13 AM

And this has stopped people from using it?

My rules of thumb when I look at strategy:

Find a thread saying "How do I deal with X" - I investigate further about using X

Find a thread saying "Y is OP" - I try Y

Find loads of threads saying "Z is ******* BS" - It goes in my loadout

Though the 152 isn't powerful right now, it's just squad wipes and people hate that.

Anything my opponent is going to hate, I'm gonna do. They are in my standard Sov loadout, but I don't use them more than one game in 10

It doesn't but it prevents them from feeling good about themselves even if they won by abuse.
Its the only time i flame,i never flame otherwise,ISU deserves it.Use isu,prepare to be flamed.If relic won't fix it,and nerf all counters save jagdtiger which ost can't use..yeah it gives me small satisfaction when they get angry if u call them ballless noob.
5 Sep 2014, 10:15 AM

The only way to fix ISU,Jagdtiger and Elefant is to cap them to 1 buildable like the ace,put at 15 CP but give them back their old ranges.High risk-high reward unit that comes very late.No isu spam.
You better protect those supertank destroyers with dear life,coz once u lose them ur done.
5 Sep 2014, 10:15 AM

The biggest problem is the unit cluttering rather than the AOE and ISU.
Volks and grens tend to blob up , and I dont mean the squads, but the units in the squad.
They should run a bit more open, away from eachother.

sorry, this response is just repeated over and over and it makes no sense.

people dont complain about volks/grens being wiped too frequently by other AOE (possibly excluding mines). this isnt because it doesnt happen, its because it only happens rarely. if cluttering units is the issue, then squads should be wiped more frequently by other units as well.

for the sake of argument, lets assume youre right though and units standing too close together is the issue. the solution is make them stand further apart in order to reduce the ISU squad wipes. the problem is, if the distance between units is balanced for all other AOE, increasing it just for the ISU is indirectly nerfing all other AOEs. would you then buff all other AOEs just to rebalance it again? seems much easier to just nerf the ISU.

as for the AOE, the damage profile of the ISU is ridiculous. the radius that will instantly kill full hp entities is 2.9. thats larger than the entire radius of the vast majority of other vehicles. for people that want to say "tiger and brummbar do it too", the brummbar has 2/3 of that instant kill radius and the tiger only has 1/2, and thats against larger squads. the problem is absolutely the AOE.
5 Sep 2014, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 10:15 AMwooof
For people that want to say "tiger and brummbar do it too", the brummbar has 2/3 of that instant kill radius and the tiger only has 1/2, and thats against larger squads. the problem is absolutely the AOE.

I don't have any complaint with ISU's AoE being nerfed at least until brummbar level. Furthermore, I'd add a toggle ability to switch between HE and AP rounds.

5 Sep 2014, 10:28 AM
Honorary Member Badge

if u call them ballless noob.

Checks

Nope both still there

5 Sep 2014, 10:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 10:15 AMwooof

as for the AOE, the damage profile of the ISU is ridiculous. the radius that will instantly kill full hp entities is 2.9. thats larger than the entire radius of the vast majority of other vehicles. for people that want to say "tiger and brummbar do it too", the brummbar has 2/3 of that instant kill radius and the tiger only has 1/2, and thats against larger squads. the problem is absolutely the AOE.

Interesting as the 152 and Bummbar are both 6 inch artillery

How does the either compare to the 152 howitzer damage/AOE because in theory I think that's the same gun

Or maybe when they put a ZIS into an SU76 they extract it's mojo and install that into the ISU-152 when they put the 152 in there
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★