Login

russian armor

ISU152

10 Aug 2014, 00:57 AM

Jagdtiger rapes the living daylights out of the ISU and I feel that the breakthrough doctrine is a very good doctrine anyway.

I had one game where 1 JT took out 6 ISUs, easily too I might add! Many soviet players don't know how to properly use the ISU, they just play on the fact that many people don't know how to counter it properly and scream about it being "OP". Which, it is a little, but can be countered as discussed above.
11 Aug 2014, 04:57 AM

Jagdtiger, as said earlier, will make ISU look like a toy. Just go Breakthrough. Panzerfusiliers and especially when upgraded with G43s are very nice.
24 Aug 2014, 00:18 AM

Dont forget the walking stuka, withoutout a doubt the most important weapon to take out entrenched possisions as OKW. Very effective at any time in any game. A well placed barage on supporting MG's, AT's and inf will considerably improve your your assault on an ISU-152. Pumas can work well enough to flank but Panthers are your best bet. Inf and Raketenwefers have almost no chance of success, in fact they will probably die before they even fire. Stuka barage, feint with inf at range, flank with panthers. Works for me. GL HF
29 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM

As others have already mentioned, you just can't let him get there. Or at least make it very difficult for him. Seems like you need to play more aggressively.

I wouldn't necessarily go for the jagdtiger doctorine, you dont get MGs which are really vital for locking down areas of the map and you can get like 2 or 3 jagdpanzer (panther?) a lot easier. Coupled with schrek and volk or puma, you should be fine.

Also personally I prefer fallschims over fusiler. Just me though.
29 Aug 2014, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2014, 01:09 AMsinthe
I'll upload when I get back on Monday.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not screaming ISU152 is OP. I have very little experience this commander. I knew he was going for it because I looked at his commanders prior to the game. I just thought I could tackle it like a IS2.

if I think he's going guard should I bother with pumas?

would fusiler and the Le IG be a better start to maintain map control?

At this point in the meta do not bother with a Le IG. As many people have said it is not cost effective.
29 Aug 2014, 17:53 PM

Funny that no one mentioned that the ISU can not fire on the move. When you close in with your infantry, try to walk behind buildings so he can't see you until you are really close.

Another thing to mention is that the ISU actually have a minimum range. If you stand toe to toe with it, it can not shoot back. A nice trick on how to neutralize the ISU is to reveal a unit or two at the flank which will make it turn to shot at them. Then at the same time you move in your main force with your infantry spread out in case he turns back. Preferably you'd like to charge a Puma or whatever else you have straight in to it or even better, flank it.
31 Aug 2014, 22:41 PM

Same problem here. Mecahnic support is the nemesis of OKW :

- Guard + Zis + Sniper takes the fied
- Wait of 152
- GG ...

Nothing to do against that commander. The only hope is to win the game before the 152 comes out ... after is too late.
1 Sep 2014, 15:13 PM

Same problem here. Mecahnic support is the nemesis of OKW :

- Guard + Zis + Sniper takes the fied
- Wait of 152
- GG ...

Nothing to do against that commander. The only hope is to win the game before the 152 comes out ... after is too late.

Or just get a Jagdtiger lol
2 Sep 2014, 03:11 AM

You can't prevent a decent player from getting a quick ISU. With even map control a player can have enough fuel for 1.5 ISUs at 20 mins.

As ostheer u need to spam several P4s (+ tiger ace), get dual tigers (less effective) or get an elefant which is a decent.

OKW just need a jadgepanzer and reverse to your repair truck for a quick repair after getting hit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
unknown 10
unknown 6
Germany 823

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %